Adventure of a Lifetime

We travelled over fields and mountains, saving the lives of many and entertaining each other having whiskey and wines at tavern's and Inn's. I learnt from many clerics and priests we had come across. And finally settled at a camp in the woods, we told each other ghost stories and listened to Aazarovth's delightful and distractive singing, as we all knew that taking on the Necromancer was tiring. Each of us had sustained injuries that even I struggled to heal. We sat by a cackling fire, watching it dance hypnotize us all and warm us in the cold night. The fire also allowed me to scry into the flames...

I see the same event from last time but I focus deeper into it. I see people dancing and chanting, cheering and chattering... It looked to be a festival in a castle, which castle I couldn't put my finger on but assumed I had been there already. Looking for the team, I find nothing until a cold deadly breeze wafts over us and just like at the Gaia festival the fire extinguishes and then reignites summoning a cold blue flame I watch deeply as I see the necromancer upon his throne, sad and alone, crying for me, the tome wasn't present and it looked like he wanted to repent for the evil and damage he caused, my name in his voice rang through my head constantly, the sound of crying and rain echoed through my brain. Aazarovth noticed the blue flames and then one by one the team notices it and becomes ready with their weapons, they stand around me and glance around the surrounding area as the night had gone quiet... dead quiet... the fire would be crackling, and the owls would be hooting, but there was nothing, a loud piercing and deafening silence, that disrupted me from what I needed to do. I fall out of focus and shake my head, I gaze back into the blue flame and focus harder prying past the deafening screeches of silence that even the banshees of this realm couldn't top, I see the Necromancer and myself, and then I see an evil smile crawl across our faces followed by the team hung over the flames of death itself. I break the silence with a high pitched blood-curdling scream, Aazarovth and Sedin turn to face me while the others search for anyone who may have heard the cry. 

"Is everything okay?" Aazarovth asks in his signature stuttery and cute voice. Just as we extinguish the fire quickly, a the crack of a whip and the neigh of a horse grows louder and louder, We look in the direction and the sound of life fills the silence once again, "Hey! You lot, get in the back!" a figure says wrapped in a Scholar's robe and cloak. As we all hop on the back of the carriage, he removes his hood and turns his head 180 degrees so he was facing us yet his body was facing away from us, "Greetings Traveller's from across the world, here to take on the new and great-ly evil  Necromancer, Verece Vontaine?" he asks as I hesitate, tears flood my eyes and I begin to cry on Sedin's shoulder. "Sorry if I hurt you there, I didn't know he had something to you". The figure saddens. Eventually, I gain my strength back and place my arms around Sedin and Aazarovth for comfort. "Well yeah but uhm-" Tears get caught in my throat and it tightens making it hard for me to speak...

"You see... We're not strong enough, while he has that tome we are practically powerless against him." Dracana says as a response to the guy as he nods in acknowledgement, "Very wise of you." he says with a chuckle, "i'm an Owluman, a rare species from the library of Vesnia and keepers of it too, I collect Travellers, Adventurers and thrill seekers far and wide to train them and teach them what they want to know, my way of teaching is facing your fears," he says, "One more thing we do, is we take records of people that have come and gone in this world, 

If you feel like you cannot continue, call out Venin, because that's my name. If you call out my name, then you fail the test but there won't be a penalty. I'll let you settle down and give you refreshments. I'm also here to teach you to be stronger in your own classes, Sedin... A Changeling rogue yes? well. I'll put you on your mission from 3 years ago, You know what you did wrong so I'll let you relive it just so you can fix your mistake. It wont be easy..."