0.05

005
- The Photo -

"John B?" JJ called upon entering the Chateau, the house being completely dead and silent. "Dude" The blonde had to manoeuvre his way through the house as clutter and junk sat everywhere and anywhere.

He eventually heard faint noises coming from down the hall, brows drawing closer together when the office door appeared wide open.

"JB?" He called again as he peered his head into the brunette's dads old office, one that hadn't been opened since the disappearance of the old man. "Hey, yo what are you doing?"

John B didn't reply as he was too busy rummaging through draws and piles of paper, determined to find whatever he was looking for.

"Yo" JJ called again as he stepped up to the brunette, pressing both palms to his shoulders as to restrict him from moving anymore. His eyes were bloodshot and he had deep bags under them which meant he probably hadn't slept in a while. "Snap out of it bro"

"It's not a coincidence" John B stated as he pushed himself out of JJ's grasp, grabbing a square bulletin board off the table.

"What are you talking about?" The blond frowned as he followed the brunette towards the occupied table. John B pushed all the belongings off the table, causing them to land on the floor with a couple of loud clatters.

"Look" He pointed to the board which seemed to be some sort of family tree. "There's Robert Q. Routledge, 1880 to 1920"

JJ made a long whistling sound. "That was caveman ages"

"Wha- no" John B shook his head as he ran a hand down his face in disbelief to the blondes dumbassery. "Moving on. Then there's Henry" He pointed to the photo underneath, dragging his finger along the photos. "After Henry theres Stephan, then it comes down too my dad. But look"

JJ took a step closer as his eyes narrowed onto the photo. Big John sat crouched in the middle of two kids, a small brunette that was recognisable as John B, and an ever smaller blonde.

"Holy shit" JJ's eyes widened as he placed his hands behind his head. "Who's that?"

"It's her"

The blond raised his head as he stare at the brunette blankly, dropping his hands from his head. "No- no your kidding" John B shook his head although his eyes stayed glued on the photo. "Holy shit" JJ slightly chuckled as he began to pace the room. "Hold up, so you have a sister that you didn't even know about?"

"Apparently" The brunette shrugged as he ripped the photo off the board and held it in his hands for a little longer.

"So what- like what are you gonna do?" JJ frowned as he placed his hands on his hips. "Are you gonna tell her?"

"What do I even say? Oh hey were siblings by the way because there's this random blonde girl in my family photo and i think it's you, stranger i've never met before"

JJ paused for a bit as if contemplating whether he was being serious or not. "Exactly"

***

The warm summer breeze blew Sofi's hair back from her face, her shirt sticking to her skin as the wind blew against her. The palm trees that lined the road swayed gently as she rode past people on her baby blue bike, her phone sitting in the cute basket up front. She didn't actually know where she was going, wherever the world took her, more like her stomach.

Sofi ended up arriving at The Wreck, a small towny restaurant that she'd somehow never noticed before. Parking her bike at the front, she wandered inside the restaurant and picked a booth further to the back. She decided to text Sarah and ask about Rafe, needing some sort of confirmation that she wasn't going crazy about what she was noticing.