0.10

010
- Broken Promises -

Music blared throughout the house, loud enough for the two to hear from outside. Colourful lights flashed and shed colours across the furniture, discarded solo cups scattered everywhere. Every part of the house was crowded with drunken, shallowed teens, causing the air inside to be hot and sticky, as well as smell like cigarette smoke.

A bin in the kitchen was piled so high that the next cup to be added to the pile would tip the whole thing over. Empty beer bottles were placed on every available surface, chips packets and fragments sprinkled anywhere.

"Sarah!" Sofi exclaimed when she saw her best friend.

"Sof! Hi!" Sarah called as she ran into her arms, the two embracing with a fit of giggles. "You two wanna a drink?"

"Yes" Sofi blurted out with no hesitation, the blonde ushered her to follow but the girl turned to Rafe.

"You coming?"

"Later, I'm gonna go find your brother, is he here?"

"I'm not sure" Sofi answered honestly, the boy nodding as he placed a swift kiss to her cheek before slipping through the drunken crowd.

Sofi followed Sarah to the kitchen as she grabbed two cups of alcohol for them, lifting herself onto the kitchen counter as she took a long sip.

"So" She sighed of satisfaction as she wiped her upper lip. "How are things?"

"With Rafe?" Sofi questioned as she did the same after also lifting herself onto a kitchen counter. "They're.. good"

"Just good?" The blonde drew her brows together, obviously already tipsy. "How about amazing?" She exaggerated.

"Fine, how are things with Topper?" Sofi questioned as she rose her eyebrows.

"They're.. good" Sarah shrugged before the blonde let out a small chuckle.

"Just good?" She mocked as Sarah playfully rolled her eyes.

"He's been so sweet all day though" Sarah longly shrugged.

"But?"

"But, i don't know" She rested her shoulders. "I just, there's something missing. I dunno what it is but I can feel it, you know?"

Oh she knew

"We should-" Sofi scratched the back of her head, trying to avoid this conversation. "I'm gonna go find Rafe and get him something to drink" Sarah just nod as she bit her bottom lip. "I'll be back"

In one swift motion she jumped off the kitchen bench and began her search for the blonde boy, taking deep breaths upon her departure as she tried to forget about her conversation with Sarah.

She pushed her way through sweaty drunks jumping in beat with the thumping music, using her shoulder to barge her way through.

"Hey pretty" Some drunk kook approached her with a smirk across his face. "Wanna dance?"

"No thanks" She replied with a disgusted expression, shuffling past him and towards the back. She caught sight of one of her other friends Lila, whom she didn't see much but still loved her just as much.

"Hey Li" Sofi smiled as she hugged the girl.

"Sof! Hi" She gushed as she wrapped her arms around her. "How have you been"

"You know I'm doing okay" She was practicing yelling to be heard over the music. "How are you?"

"I'm good! Great party"

𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 | 𝐑𝐚𝐟𝐞/𝐉𝐉जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें