0.15

015
- Kooks -

"Hold up, hold on" JJ held out his hand with a bewildered expression. "Okay so you're telling me.." He stopped again to process all this new information. "You're mom bolted because she could've put Ward Cameron away for life, Sofi's adopted? and you're mom could've gone to jail"

John B purses his lips in shame. "That about covers it" Sofi groaned as she slid her head into her hands.

"Wait so how did you get this letter?" Kie furrowed her brows as she tilted her head towards the brunette standing.

"Anonymously in my mailbox" John B answered with a shrug. Sofi stood without another word, walking determinedly over to the brunette and wrapping him in a hug. "Hello, fire, you're near the fire"

"I'm so proud of you right now" She sadly chuckled into his ear. John B smiled and hugged her tightly back, squeezing his eyes shut as they stood like that for a few minutes.

Kiara, Pope and JJ all exchanged beaming looks as they watched the two sympathetically and proudly. This was the first time the two had acknowledged they were actually related. It just never sat right to them, but now, now everything was slowly coming together.

Instead of running out like she usually does after finding out any new information, Sofi was starting to acknowledge that this was her past and it was time to accept that, starting with accepting John B as her biological brother.

The two finally broke the hug with an awkward cough. "Okay so" John B started once Sofi had taken a seat, now next to JJ. "We managed to locate an area from where the envelope could've been sent from"

"We?" Sofi frowned as she looked towards Kiara, who had the same confused expression. But John B didn't hear so he continued.

"She said she recognised the last name so Sarah's gonna come tonight and-"

"Hold on" Kie frowned with parted lips, checking she heard that right. "Sarah? Wh-why Sarah?"

"Uh.." The brunette awkwardly scratched the back of his head, searching for an excuse.

"This is gonna be good" JJ muttered, earning a slap on the leg from Sofi.

"Sarah, um, she... she helped me with the letter and, uh, helped get the inscription translated in Chapel Hill"

"You were in Chapel Hill with Sarah Cameron?" Kie shot as her mouth widened in shock.

"He was mackin' on her" JJ shrugged innocently as Sofi sent him a bewildered expression.

"You were macking on her?" She shot as she looked to the brunette who stuttered for words.

"I wasn't macking" He frantically answered.

"You were totally macking Sarah Cameron" JJ nodded knowingly.

"What the fuck" Sofi rose her eyebrows as she turned to her brother. "Dude she has a boyfriend"

This made JJ's heart sink. Her boyfriend didn't deserve her. Did it matter if she had a boyfriend? What if he wanted her more? What if she want happy? Of course he wasn't thinking about Sarah, which made his feedings for Sofi even more confusing.

"I wasn't macking on her, okay?" John B confirmed. "I was using her for access"

"There was access, all right" Pope tried to joke just as JJ did, but the blonde was unbothered, staring absentmindedly at John B.

"Did you tell her about Sofi?" Kie worriedly questioned.

"I was trying to get into Chapel Hill!"

"Is that a yes?"