0.06

006
- The Compass -

"There has to be something else"

"He's at it again" JJ jutted his bottom lip as he slightly shook his head towards Kie, who frowned in response.

"You have to admit that was promising" John B tried to retaliate as he lead the group towards his dads old office.

"How was that promising?" Kie kept her brows furrowed as she crossed her arms. "She literally ran away"

"I'm so lost" Pope chimed in as JJ just shook his head in indication he'd fill him in later.

"Yeah but did you see her face?" The brunette commented as he carefully unlocked the office door, leading them inside like it was nothing while Pope and Kie's lips parted in shock.

"I've slept over here like 600 times and i've never seen this door open" Pope gushed as Kie hummed and nodded in response.

"Okay look, I know you guys don't think so but there's definitely some sort of connection and I know it" John B began to rant on as he rummaged through the office draws just as he did the other day. "She looked just like that girl in the photo plus she has the same last name. I never really thought about it like that, when I saw the photo I just assumed a friend or cousin or something" The brunette paused as his eyes caught something in one of the draws, lifting it up to inspect it in his hands. "But now I think it's more than that"

"What's that?" JJ drew his brows together as he stepped closer to John B, wanting to see it for himself.

"My fathers compass" The brunette's lips parted slightly as he flipped off the hatch.

"Hello?"

The pogues all snapped their head at the sound of a girls voice. "Anyone home?" She called out again.

"Is that her?" Pope whispered as he turned to John B, JJ leaving to be the first to find her, seeing her stand blindlessly in the living room.

"Hey, sorry the front door was open and I just thought-"

"Yeah, yeah, come on" JJ cut her off as he grabbed hold of her wrist and pulled her towards the office.

"Oh, o- okay" Sofi rose her eyebrows in surprise as she blindly followed the blonde towards the office. Kie was the only one to greet the girl, the boys being too focused on something else.

"Hey" The brunette whispered as she sent a soft smile towards the girl.

"Hi" Sofi whispered back as she returned the smile.

"Redfield?" Pope drew his brows together as the three hovered over the compass.

"Redfield? What's redfield?" JJ questioned as to what they walked in on.

"Only the most common name in the county" Kie crossed her arms as he bit her thumb nail.

"Maybe it's a clue? Maybe it has to do with something?" John B perked, being the only hopeful one in the room.

"Okay, a clue? Come on that's-" Pope began to argue but was cut off by a booming voice.

"John Routledge!"