0.11

011
-  Birth Certificates -

Sofi woke up earlier than she normally did, which wasn't much of a surprise as she barely slept the night. She was slightly hungover so the warm morning light wasn't helping her headache. She groaned and reluctantly sat up, peeling herself out of bed as she grabbed her phone from her bedside table before hobbling down the stairs. She noticed a text from John B but was too unbothered to read it just yet.

To her surprise, Diego was sitting on a kitchen bench with a bowl of cereal in his hands, a puzzled yet scared look across his face.

"Why are you up so early?" The two questioned simultaneously.

"Jinx" Diego slightly smiled although he knew she wasn't in the mood. Sofi just pursed her lips as she continued towards the fridge. "There's no milk left" He tried to strike conversation. "By the way" He muttered. "Dad went out to get more"

Dad. That's funny.

"I don't want milk" She muttered as she pulled out a beer bottle from the fridge.

"Drinking? At 9am in the morning?"

"Using? At 11 o'clock at night?" She mimicked as she sent him a pointed look.

Diego sighed, knowing they had to talk about it eventually and he guessed now was that time. "Sof you can't tell dad about that" He pleaded.

"Why not?" She shot. "It's not like he'll kick you out, make you live on the cut" She shrugged, hoping to put the outcomes in his head.

"Why are you being such an ass about this" Diego scoffed as he threw his bowl into the sink, chipping away a fragment along the rim.

The girl glared at him for a while as if about to burst. "Do you even think about anyone other than yourself?" She shot, but he knew she wasn't just talking about the bowl he broke.

"Do you ever think you're just overreacting and that the whole world doesn't revolve around you?" He retailed with furrowed brows.

"If i'm overreacting then you wouldn't mind me telling dad, now, would you?" Diego clamped his mouth shut, she had him there. He knew that if their dad ever found out he was done for. Instead he shot her a look and stormed to his room like a 5-year-old throwing a tantrum.

Once he was gone, Sofi groaned in frustration as she grasped at the roots of her hair. She hoped for a relaxing morning but the universe obviously didn't want to give her that. Instead she pulled out her phone and clicked on the unread messages from John B.

to: Sofi Routledge
from: john b
hey i'm sorry about the other night
i know that was a lot and i hope ur okay :)
i know this is a bit of a stretch but i was wondering if you had your birth certificate lying around?
come past later to work it out?
you know where i am and we'll all be here :))

Sofi stare at the text for a little while longer and couldn't help but smile at his sympathy and kindness. Then it hit her. Her birth certificate. Of course.

Unfortunately, she has no idea where it was.
Fortunately, there was only one place it could be.

to: john b
from: Sofi Routledge
yes ma'am, on it now
i'll try and come past later, thank you :))

"She said she'd come past later" John B announced to the pogues, all sighing of relief as they were waiting anxiously to hear her reply.

"You think she's okay?" Pope spoke up with worry.