0.16

016
- Fake Happiness -

She decided to forget about talking to Sarah and just go home, wiping her tears along the way.

Just as she was walking up her driveway, her phone buzzed in her pocket, taking it out to see an incoming facetime call from JJ. She answered swiftly as his blond mop of hair appeared on her screen.

"Hey" She started, only being able to hear her
voice as her face was swallowed by the nothingness of the night.

"Where are you?" JJ asked curiously as he pulled his face closer to the screen.

"At home" She replied softly. "I'm walking inside"

"Cool so, John B says Sarah's found something about the letter and she-" He stopped short when Sofi had turned the lights on upon entering her house, her face becoming clearly
visible. Her eyes were red and she had tear streaks down her cheeks.

He also notioced one of her cheeks were redder than the other, slightly bruised maybe? "Hey are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine" Sofi replied innocently as she sat her phone upright while getting a glass of water. There was definetly something off and JJ knew it. He had been through plenty of situations himself to know she was definetly not fine.

"Where were you?" He asked after a moment of silence. "Before you got home"

The girl finished chugging the water before answering. "I uh- went to see Sarah"

"And was she there?" He skepticized.

"Nah she was asleep" She shrugged it off, taking her phone, from where she set it. "Look J, it's getting late, do you need something?"

He hesitated for a moment before pursing his lips and slightly shaking his head. "No it's all good, see you tomorrow"

"Night" The girl deadpanned.

"Night" He muttered before ending the call.

Just before walking to her room she noticed the office light on, meaning her dad was still up. She sent a quick text to John B.

from: Sofi Routledge
to: john b
confronting dad now
i'll let you know how it goes

It was gonna have to happen at some point, and that some point was tonight. She took a sharp breath out before muttering words of encouragement to herself. She lifted her arm to knock but got a text in reply.

from: john b
to: Sofi Routledge
not yet we have more evidence
sarah's coming tomorrow to show us
wait till after

She took a long, somewhat relived, breath out. That some point wasn't tonight after all.

***

from: sarah 💕💞💗
to: Sofi Routledge
hey
can we talk?

Sofi stared anxiously at the text from as she quickly replied back.

from: Sofi Routledge
to: sarah 💕💞💗
yeah ofc
i can come past later

She had her head down upon entering the chateau, walking down the side instead of through the house, to the back. Her phone dinged just as she reached the back porch.

from: sarah 💕💞💗
to: Sofi Routledge
you don't need to

She looked up from her screen and gaped
at the girl in front of her. The three boys all gazed at her anxiously as they waited for her to say something.