5.5

You were sat back in the auditorium, in the front row, tapping your foot against the ground in anxiety for your friend.

After Amity called on the duel, she walked back to you, with a smug look printed across her face, and attempted to find Lilith again.

It took her a while, but she spotted Lilith right after she had finished conversing with The Owl Lady, apparently.

Amity managed to talk to her about what had happened and Lilith agreed to side with her in the duel.

So, you said you'd sit and cheer from the sidelines, right at the front so Amity could see.

So, that was where you were, sitting and waiting for the event to begin.

You saw four people walk onto the stage; Amity, Lilith, Luz, and..

The Owl Lady.

So she was here.

She was also with Luz, that's why Luz didn't hand her in. They're allies.

By the looks of it, they were close too.
Luz was panicking and fumbling in front of Eda, and she attempted to calm her down.

Amity and Lilith seemed calm and prepared.
Which settled your anxiety a little.

Lilith then announced the start of the fight, calling Amity 'one of her finest protégés' and 'an example of witches that the Emperor's coven looks for'.

Honestly, you were jealous, but chose to not let it get to you.

It's not like she was one of your biggest idols ever.

It's fine.

The two had stood on the other side of the arena, both of their shoes pressing into the sand.

You felt a sudden breeze pass by you.
It was just someone sitting next to you, so you decided to shuffle up and let them sit down.

Suddenly, the fight had started.

An abomination rose from the arena, so tall that it could stare directly into the eyes of those in the front row.

Which happened to be where you were sat.

Which was weird, none of Amity's spells had ever been this big before.

Maybe it was the stress in the arena pushing her to her maximum potential.

Maybe you should get into doing magic displays again.

Things seemed to be going well, Luz was just running away from the abomination, clearly this was going to be an easy fight.

You heard a 'hmmm' from the person sat next to you.

You turned to look at them.

His mask was the most recognisable feature on his silhouette.

Alas, no one can really forget the mask of the golden guard.

He startled you for a second with his presence.

Right now??

In the middle of your friend's most important duel so far??

He caught you looking and spoke,
"Oh, sorry. Thank you for moving up, I appreciate it."

His voice was harsh, and raspy. But he spoke with a softness that made up for it.

"That's alright, I'm more confused about why you're here though. Surely there should be something more, noble, for you to be doing."
You attempted to converse with him, keeping your voice low so other witches could enjoy the duel undisturbed.