27

"Listen here finalists."
Terra smiled, the fangs of her personality sinking into your skin.

"This final fight, and one of you will join our ranks in the Emperor's coven. Let it be you."

You and Amity made eye contact, your eyes thinning and hers couldn't reciprocate.

On this ground, Hunter first asked for a fight. Now, you were finally going to fight.
A perfect circle

Titan, now was not the time to be thinking about him.

As you lowered your stance, waiting for a siren, you notice Amity tried, but couldn't.
Her mobility was impaired, meaning as long as you kept her in place, or attempted to get her to move faster than she could, you'd be able to win.

You had to finish this quickly, for her sake...

Amity stood weakly on her side of the arena, you could see the cogs turning as she planned her course to win.

"Ugh, it's so nice seeing to witches take this final challenge seriously. The previous tasks had a few stragglers, but this is going to be satisfying."

You gulped air at Terra's words, you wondered who she had her money on.

Unknowingly to the two of you, a balcony from the throne room looked over at the two of you, where the Emperor and his right hand stood and watched.

A hand was placed on the Golden Guard's shoulder, and the claws of the Emperor's hand gripped tight into the armour Hunter was wearing.

---

Finally, Amity huffed, and stood tall, a new grit in her eyes as she twitched to life.
Like her injury wasn't there, like she was fighting back against her common sense.

She turned to the coven heads and nodded,
"It seems both witches are ready. Enter casting stances,"

The two of you made eye contact and raised your hands, ready to strike first.
Amity looked at you with a fire in her eyes as the guards and coven heads stood with baited breath.

The countdown had begun and you had to think of a strategy. you thought imprisoning her would be the easiest thing to do. So you prepped your construction magic at the ready.

Move molecules, shatter the ground, keep her pinned, become champion.

"Three, two, one, DUEL!"
Terra cackled,

Your wrist stood ready, as the final shot of the starting spell fired, it spun at the speed of light and your power echoed through the arena.

A shudder, and a rumble of the ground beneath you as it groaned alive, throwing up jagged reflections of itself straight towards your final opponent.

Amity Blight.

"I-"

You heard Amity scream, before you entombed her in spikes. Not hurting her, but trapping her nonetheless.

A tomb. Her prison. Her final words in this campaign.
If Amity couldn't break out, you had won.

What you did felt dirty. You felt like a cheater. You didn't even use Abomination magic. This win was going to feel unfair no matter what you did though.

The ground started to crunch and whine as clay spilt through the minuscule gaps in the wall you had made, a horror coating your eyes.

A sludge started to break apart your rocks. This was Amity's full force, her one hundred percent.

You stood still, waiting for her to get out. You felt like a beast, waiting for it's prey to writhe and coil, before striking again for the fun of it.
Your hand and the ready, the final blow.