10

The boat ride to the castle felt awfully long.

You were talking to Amity, both your parents were also exchanging conversation.

Willow was talking to her dads, seemingly the happiest on the boat at that point in time.

"Y/N you look great!"
Amity smiled,

"Thanks, you too, Amity."
You weakly smiled back.

Willow looked really nice too, but she wasn't close enough for you to say that to her, so you were going to wait until later to talk to her.

"You seem off, what's wrong? This party is going to be amazing!"
Amity cheered, trying to lighten to mood between you too.

"Yeah, it should be nice. My dad is trying to get me to make business contacts with other people's parents though."
You sighed,

"It's probably just going to be a night of business for me, unfortunately."
You cast your gaze over the landscape that was slowly growing familiar to you.

"Same here, but hopefully we can have a bit of fun to ourselves once we get our jobs over and done with."
Amity sighed with you.

Your outfits were slightly different colours, but they still complemented each other, it was clear that you were both the abomination coven prodigies.

Willow was in green, matching her respective coven too. It seemed to be an unwritten rule for this event.

As the boat started to reach its destination, you walked up to your parents.

They stood tall and proud, like the Blight's, as if they were the most important people on the ship.

As if they were more important than the Emperor.

The parents on the ground were gawking at the castle's size, the number of guards, the seemingly tiny amount of other parents there in comparison.

Your heard Willow's dads anxiously mumble to one another about the safety of the bridge you were walking across to get the the castle entrance, before promptly making it to the other side.

All the halls were just like normal, nothing had changed.

But you heard a new, more shrill voice from the front of the crowd.

"Hello, prodigies and parents, my name is Kikimora, I will be guiding you to the hall where our festivities will be commencing. Please, follow me."
Her voice was harsh, and you couldn't actually see her properly.

You thought you were an idiot for not being able to see her at the front of the crowd, then realised she was just really short.

Everyone else in the group seemed to be following the same dress code as you, which meant it was much easier to identify your campaign mates in the crowd.

Some of their faces were starting to look familiar.

Amity was looking between you and Odalia, waiting for a reaction from her.

You were doing the same for your Mother.

She looked like she couldn't care less where she was, but hid it behind an unbreakable smile.

Her resilience to her character scared you.

Kikimora was walking you down the same hallways you always went down.

There was the occasional "ooh" and "ahh" from parents with more sensible responses to being in the Emperor's castle.

"We're being brought back to the same hall as normal."
You whispered to Amity.