9

"You're going to a party!?"
Skara screamed,

"Shhh, shhh. Don't yell, people will hear you."
You whisper yelled back.

"Oh, right. Sorry."

But yes, it was the day you were going to see the Emperor in the flesh.

Honestly the thought terrified you.

The most important man on the isles, in the same room as you, speaking to you almost directly.

It make your skin itch with nervous excitement.

"We're meeting the Emperor too. I can imagine that's why Y/N is on edge today."
Amity replied.

"Honestly, when aren't they on edge these days? It's funny how something so small can put them into such a state."
Boscha rolled her eyes as she spoke, and it sunk an anxious pit into you.

But you sat and took it, it wasn't like saying anything would have made that situation any better.

Since you and Amity were in this campaign, Boscha took more jabs at you. Some of them were funny though, so it didn't really matter too much.

"Anyway, you can tell us all the drama tomorrow! We'll be at Amity's overnight after all!"
She jeered, with Skara clapping in excitement next to her.

You and Amity looked at each other, you had a lot of talking to do to her as well.
Safe to say she was shocked by how well you knew the Golden Guard.

But the two of you got to leave school an hour early that day, right after lunch.

You had to get ready, and make your way to the school back in time to get picked up.

So the two of you got to catch up on the walk back home.

Amity seemed tense as the two of you stepped off of the Hexside steps.

"Y/N, why didn't you tell me you knew the Golden Guard??"
She seemed more confused than anything.

"I'm sorry, Amity. I'd been meaning to tell you, but everything got in the way. My parents haven't been letting me leave the house since this campaign started so that I can keep up to date with my training."
You sighed,

She went silent, like she was thinking to herself, letting recent events wash over her face.
Then she responded,

"It's alright. We haven't been talking too much recently, I think we've both been too busy to catch up."
She agreed with you, letting some tension fall off your shoulders.

"But, answer me this.."
She smirked.

On no.

You gripped your palms to prepare yourself.

"Is he cute??"
She pulled a teasing smile and started to laugh.

You laughed with a release of more of that tension.

"Pffft, Amity, gross! I haven't even seen him with his mask off yet."
You laughed,

"Really?? He's that secretive?"
She replied in awe.

You nodded in response.

"That's annoying, I was going to try to get a dance with him tonight."
She huffed,

"You really think The Golden Guard would be dancing?"
You said his name in a funny way, making Amity giggle.

"Well, yeah. He's our age isn't he? Surely he's be into that kind of thing? I mean, I've never done it before, but I'm excited!"
She grinned.

You were walking out into the countryside at this point, watching the roads grow thinner and less maintained.
Still enough room for the two of you to walk side by side.