2

I've decided to start uploading whenever I finish writing a chapter. My schedule has become really inconsistent at the moment, since my job is actually a nightmare.

Enjoy, see you soon!

Taco <3

-------------

Since Eda came back last night, you were on edge.
The idea of the coven coming to find you by force had somehow never crossed your mind.

A raid?
Hunter??

You had almost forgotten what proper panic felt like.

Eda would say the same thing whenever you mentioned it,
"Kid, let me and Lilith handle it. We're the adults. We've kicked the coven's butt before, and I bet we can do it again, even without magic."

Then you'd yell back.
"But I'm the most powerful witch my age on the isles! Let me help, I can help you!"
You only recognised how powerful you were when it came to proving your point. Unfortunately, it never sunk into your self esteem.

"Your power is exactly why we're keeping you here in the first place. The Emperor is going to hurt you over it, and I like you too much to let that happen!"
That line would always stop you.

Having a mother figure was weird. At least, one that didn't ridicule you for existing. 

You huffed as you reminisced, and sat cross legged on the window seat in the kitchen, looking outside to Luz, Eda and Lilith.

The voices were muffled, but you made out the words,
"Welcome to day three of Luz's magic boot camp!"

Glyph magic. 
You'd always wanted a chance to learn it, unfortunately all the lessons were taking place outside to avoid proper damage to The Owl House, and the last time you tried to step foot outside, you almost broke down.

That, and Luz still wasn't fully trusting of you yet, so she was hesitant to share her magic with a coven official.

You'd caught little glimpses of what they were doing, but never got a full look at the blackboard to catch the actual drawings of the glyphs that Luz was creating, so you never got them right.

"Ok, you two keep practicing your magic, I need to get my bag for school!"
You saw Luz head for the front door, and Hooty let her in.

Making brief eye contact as she stepped a few feet into the kitchen to get her bag off of a coat hanger, she decided to make conversation.

"Hey, uh... I'm going to talk to Principal Bump. Even though you're on the run, you still deserve to see your friends at school. I'll make sure he doesn't rat you out to the Emperor's coven."
She looked at you, her eyes filled with emotion you couldn't fully read.

"Thank you, Luz. That means a lot. It may still be a while until I'm ready to head back, but I really appreciate everything you and Eda are doing for me... Even after what I did."
Her face shifted to a soft smile, and she nodded, before Hooty quickly shoved her back outside to head to Hexside.

"King's in charge while I'm gone!"
Luz yelled, the straps of her bag holding her up off the ground while Hooty carried her.

"Ha-ha! Power!"
King cheered.

After that, you sat up and walked over to one of the shelves in Eda's living room. A set of books to the right of the mirror that hung above the fireplace. You found that one of them was blank yesterday, and Eda let you use it to write in.

"Keep a diary or something. Get stuff off your chest. I can tell there's a lot that needs to be written down."
She smiled, and handed you a pen.

So far, you hadn't written much. You'd ended up writing about your parents mostly, letting the slow realisation of what they did to you get more powerful with every word you wrote down.