017. A Dance With Her

December 29, 1984Tw: Sexual Content

December 29, 1984
Tw: Sexual Content

The most awaited and dreadful event of the year had finally arrived, the day of the Miss Hawkins' Ball.

The pressure was on everyone to be perfect, especially on Gwen since she needed to win this for her mother to make her proud. Not that it'd be easy since Nancy is the daughter of one of the winners so it's not like she can do much about the built in legacy.

"Hold your breath and suck it in," Claudia ordered while tightening the unnecessary corset on her daughter as tightly as possible.

"Why are corsets still a thing? It's not like we live in regency times," Gwen complained, gasping from how much tighter it got, "Mom, I need to breathe!"

"I know, I'm sorry, but the dress code demands for all girls to wear this," she told her, "I'm so glad I didn't have to wear it."

"How lucky were you," she sarcastically said while getting inside her light blue dress with crystals reaching from her chest down to her waist. She wasn't a big fan of formal gowns, but she was surprised at how drawn she was to this particular one.

Claudia stood back and watched her daughter with admiration, "You look so beautiful, Gwenie." Now tearing up, she pulled her daughter in for a hug, who was feeling extremely uncomfortable from the corset.

She tried taking a step forward, but with every movement and every time she breathed, she felt the garment pressing against her ribs rather too painfully, "I can't do this." Ignoring her mother's pleas, she began removing her dress and unlatching herself from the confinement. "If I'm going to be dancing in this, then I might as well be comfortable."

"What about the dress code?"

"Screw the dress code." Now getting back into her dress, she took a breath of relief on feeling less suffocated, "Much better."

"Can you hurry up?! I'm getting bored just waiting here!" Dustin exclaimed from the living room after waiting for nearly an hour, "You need to make haste if you want to get there on time!"

The door flew open, revealing his sister who had a disgruntled frown. His mouth hung wide open on seeing his sister incredibly glammed up. He wanted to offer some teasing, but he was unable to from how great she looks.

He was about to offer a compliment when she warned him, "If you say a single word, you're done for." She picked up her dress to refrain from stepping on it and started heading out the door, "Let's just get this over with."

Her mother followed behind as she grabbed the rest of her belongings and hauled over to the car. Dustin picked up the camera and took lots of pictures knowing this is a very rare occurrence that needed to be documented.

"What did I say?" she complained.

"I didn't say anything!" he argued while getting into the car.

Gwen rolled her eyes and tried drowning out her mother's excited squeals by turning the radio's volume up as much as possible. She couldn't even imagine how much more irritable she'd be if she was wearing the corset. Taking it off was definitely the right thing to do.