018. New Year's Eve

It was now New Year's Eve and everyone was spending it at Hopper's cabin so El could be included in the festivities

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

It was now New Year's Eve and everyone was spending it at Hopper's cabin so El could be included in the festivities. Much to Mike's ecstasy as starting 1985 with the girl he loves is more than perfect.

After Gwen and Steve had spent the night together, they hadn't spoken to each other as they feared it was just a one time thing. They simply accepted the invitation to the party without knowing either of them would be attending.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive you?" Claudia asked as she watched her daughter get ready.

"I'm more than sure," she told her and started putting on her jacket.

Her mother smiled, remembering how her father always used that same jacket for every party. She was seeing more of him in her daughter that it just brought nothing but intense love.

"You know," she began while stepping into her room, "You remind me of your father the older you get."

Gwen lowered her earrings as she wasn't expecting to speak of her dad. Especially with her mom since it's always been hard for her. As much as she wanted to stop her, this was the first that she's been mentioning him so she wouldn't dare to take that away from her.

"He was such a relentless man. His personality was incredibly strong and many were afraid of him." She took a seat on her bed and motioned her to join her, "Your grandmother didn't like him very much and even told me I had no business being with someone as stubborn as him."

Stubborn.

The same word Steve had used to describe her.

"But even though he seemed unpleasant to others, he was gentle and free around me. He didn't have to put on this tough facade for me. He was simply his unapologetic self."

She remained quiet, nodding her head as she listened to her father's admirable qualities, which only made entering a new year without him even harder.

"I remember you two always danced in the rain. You would perform the craziest of moves, but you didn't care because your dad was with you."

Now refusing to listen, she interrupted her mother and said, "I really need to go now, mom. I don't want to be late."

Claudia grabbed her hand, preventing her from standing up, "Just stay for a little longer. I won't take much of your time."

Reluctantly, she sat back down and tried to listen without the painful memories resurfacing.

"I know what's been happening with you and that Harrington boy." Now that surprised her considering her mother hasn't been around to notice anything, "I know he spent the night here and that you two have become quite close."

Did she know what happened at the ball? Is that what she means with "quite close?"

"We're not close at all. You're wrong about that," she prays her mother chooses to drop this and lets her off the hook.

Time After Time | Steve Harringtonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें