025. You Won A Fight

(Ep

(Ep. 5: The Flayed)

It seems the tunnels were nothing but endless. They've been walking for a very long time and there's no sign of this continuous cycle ending.

There was nothing left to do than just fill the silence with ideas on what the green substance was and why it could've possibly been made. Surely this mall served as more than just having retail stores and restaurants, it was made to transport whatever is in those vials to the Red Army.

"You think they built this whole mall so they could transport that green poison?" Steve asks, dumbfounded at the fact his workplace was involved in something as sneaky as this.

"I doubt it's something boring as poison," Gwen stated, beating her brother before he could say it as they both were thinking the same thing.

"It's gotta be much more valuable, like promethium or something," Dustin adds on, not even explaining what he means knowing Steve would definitely ask.

"What the hell is promethium?" he questions.

Rolling her eyes, Robin begins explaining, "It's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components."

Daphne smiles at her, loving the way she clearly explained it without slurring her words once. Only she was the only Sinclair to be impressed since Erica was deeply embarrassed to be around them.

"You're all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill," the young girl stares at them weirdly and shakes her head disappointedly.

"No, no, no. No, don't lump me in with them," Steve interrupts, offended by being considered weird and not cool. He motions between all five of them and tugs at Gwen's arm to hold her against him. "I'm not a nerd, alright? And Gwen isn't either so don't drag her into this."

"Why so upset? There's nothing wrong in being a nerd," she interjects, "Afraid of being considered anything less than a cool guy?"

Steve sighs dramatically, "No, I'm just saying I don't know jack shit about Prometheus."

"Promethium," Dustin corrects, confused on his lack of knowledge on a simple element everyone should have heard about.

"And I'm pretty sure Prometheus was a Titan who stole fire from the Gods to give to humanity," Gwen added.

"I thought you said she wasn't nerdy," Erica remarked as she glared at Steve with a hand on her hip and with her sassy demeanor.

Steve frowns at her and ignores her statement. He places his arm around Gwen as they lazily continue to walk despite how tired they are.

The young boy continues, "Like I was saying, it's probably being used to make something."

"Or power something like a nuclear weapon," Daphne suggests, not helping herself from smiling when seeing Dustin and Robin wholeheartedly agree with her.