046. To Mordor

(Ep

(Ep. 6: The Dive)

Visiting the Creel House hadn't been a complete shot in the dark.

The Hawkins Crew were able to learn it's the place Vecna resides in, more specifically in the Upside Down. As he chooses his victims, he becomes stuck in some kind of trance that leaves him vulnerable enough. This would be useful if they only knew how to get into the other side seeing as no gates are known to be open.

Feeling at a complete loss, the group is trying to decide how to tell Eddie their plan in helping him is proving to be much more challenging than before. Now they're cramped in Nancy's station wagon, each of them having different conversations while Robin, Daphne, and Nancy discuss amongst themselves.

"Dude, leave some for the rest of us!" Steve complains, harshly prying the can of Pringles away from Dustin's tight grip. He grabs a few chips and hands the container over to Gwen that she eagerly takes when seeing her brother's irritated expression.

"I'm hungry!" The curly haired boy retorts and attempts to steal the can back.

"All of us are," Gwen pops a chip into her mouth, ignoring the aggravated glare sent her way. She squeezes her knees together, her arms wrapping themselves around them as she tries leaving her personal space intact.

When first getting into the station wagon, Gwen made all kinds of attempts in getting a comfortable seat, but Steve - not wanting to let her out of his sight - dragged her to the very back all in means of keeping her safe.

Having heard Steve's declaration brought the light back into her life. She never thought it'd be possible for him to still love her after everything. Believing he could have feelings for her seemed something out of dreams, something never meant to happen, and meant to remain as just a fantasy.

Never did she believe this would happen to her. Not even in her wildest dreams and as his confession brought color into her life, it only made her despise Vecna to an even greater extent for having cursed her.

Fighting him is for someone with strength, will, and with a purpose; something Gwen is struggling to find and is certain of never obtaining. Why couldn't she just be let off the hook just once? Why her again?

"Wait, what's with all the cops?" Daphne leans forward in between Robin and Nancy, making the rest of them stare ahead as they start to notice the sight in front.

Reefer Rick's home is swarmed with cops, reporters, and a few locals. The sheriff is speaking to the camera while motioning to the rustic building out back and it sends a wave of unease to fill the vehicle.

Nancy pulls over a little far and before she puts the car into park, Dustin is already hopping off and sneakily maneuvering his way to the back of a news' van. Gwen trails after him, scolding him in a loud whisper for not waiting for them to make sure the coast is clear. "Dude, never run off like that again."