Childhood(pt2)

This part is gonna go into more depth of Steve's childhood, and more on before Eddie left and after.

3rd person POV:

After Eddie and Steve became friends, they'd see each other on the park everyday. Unless they were busy that day of course. But none the less. They saw each other as much as they could.

They'd play children's games. Like hopscotch, tag, roleplay games, etc. But there favorite was playing pirates. They were both rivals, trying to find the same treasures.

Today, Steve got to the treasure first. He was really excited! He almost never gets the treasure before Eddie. The treasure they picked out today was a funky shaped stick. Eddie and Steve were both 6 at the time. They'd been friends for about a year.

"Argh! You beat me to me treasures!" Eddie uses a very bad accent. Steve had brought pirate hats to play with today. So they had a whole look going on. Jennifer came over to Eddie.

"Eddie, hunny, it's time to go home now, okay?"

"But!--"

"We'll be back tomorrow. I pinky promise." She smiles and holds out her pinky. Eddie interlocks their pinkies.

"Bye Evie!!!" Eddie turns away. He takes Steve's pirate hat with him, but Steve doesn't care. He wanted Eddie to have it anyway.

"Bye Eds!" They wave to each other.

Steve starts his walk home early today. About an hour after Eddie left. Or he thinks it's only been an hour.

When he gets home his father is waiting for him at the front door. "Where have you been?!" He shouts at baby Steve after dragging him in the house and slamming the front door.

"I--I was at the p--park, sir!" Steve stutters on his words. He has a bit of a stuttering problem. He works his best to get rid of it though. He's only six, give the kid a break.

"Stop stuttering boy!" He has a firm grip on baby Steve's little shirt. "You can't run off without our permission! Your mother was worried!" He yells in Steve's face.

"I--I--I'm sorry!" Steve cries. Steve's father shoves him to the ground.

"Go to your room." He walks away. Leaving baby Steve a crying mess on the floor. He quickly gets up on his little feet and runs up the stairs to his room. He jumps on his bed and squeezes his teddy bear as he cries.

A few years later and he's now 8 years old. This was his last day seeing Eddie. He didn't know that, but it was. His stutter was better now. It doesn't happen very often. His mother helped him with that. But now he's at the park with Eddie. They're playing tag when Eddie has to leave. They hug and part ways. Steve stays there a little longer, until almost dark. Then he heads home.

Steve gets home and his mom is making dinner, while his dad is sitting at the dining table, drinking a beer. "Where have you been Stephen?" He asks.

"The park." Steve shrugs. "What's for dinner?"

"Hamburger Helper, darling."

"But I don't like--"

"You're gonna eat what your mom makes for you, Stephen." His dad scolds.

"Yes, father." Steve looks down at the ground. He takes his shoes off by the door and goes to sit at the table.

"Me and your mother are gonna go on a trip next month. It'll be for two weeks. Maybe longer, depending on how we feel after the two weeks. You'll have a Nanny while we're gone." And that's when it all started with Steve. The leaving him. But he didn't care. Because he still has Eds. Right?