CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 01
TWO YEARS LATER!!!

HLONELA

They say time heals but it's been two years and my wounds are still as fresh , I still get nightmares about my baby laying lifeless on the ground , I still hear gunshots and I'm even more paranoid. A month after burying my daughter , I got admitted in a mental institution because I was a danger to myself and my son but with love and tremendous support from my family and Nathi's mom , i got through it all. Im still not A okay , I still cry for them every night.

Nkosenye : "Nene , buka." He is what motivated me to keep pushing for my healing , it's been the two of us since. I won't lie , I sometimes neglected him and would just zone out and allow my demons to pull me in that dark space but I always pulled through. I moved away from Durban , I moved to a small peaceful in Pietermaritzburg called Ashdown and it's been peaceful.

Me : "Have you finished your breakfast?" He smiles then pouts his lips looking at me , he's tryna bribe me with a kiss.

Me : "Nop" I say popping the P , he gives me his puppy eyes.

Nkosenye : "Kodwa Nene ngihluthi mina." He calls me Nene because he always hears the lady next door calling me like that.

Me : "If you don't eat then I'm never taking you to McDonalds."

Nkosenye : "Haa! Okay I'm eating , buka." He says shoving a spoonful of his cereal. I chuckle then continue cleaning around the house. I miss my family , due to safety reasons , we are the ones that visit them and it's always once in a long while.

#

I had just finished doing laundry and Nkosenye was taking his midday nap so I used the time to take a bath then when done , settled for Nathi's t-shirt and shorts. I went to chill in the lounge with a bottle of wine and a big glass. My phone rings and it's MaJiyane

MaJiyane : "Sawubona sthandwa sami." I smile , this woman has been my rock. She made sure that i was healed properly and that the businesses and everything was in check.

Me : "Unjani mah?"

MaJiyane : "I'm good baby. Listen , I miss you and i wanna send a car that side to pick y'all up. Please."

Me : "mah."

MaJiyane : "Ngiyacela makoti wami."

Me : "Okay fine! What time will the car get here?"

MaJiyane : "In two hours."

Me : "Okay see you then." I drop the call. I go to my bedroom and wake Nkosenye , he's gonna be grumpy all day ke. He starts crying when I keep waking him , I bath him and dress him up then pack a few of his things in my weekender before getting ready myself. Someone knocks , I go open and its Zanele , my neighbor.

Zanele : "Hawu oe! Where are you off to umuhle kanje!?!"

Me : "Kahle hawu!" I giggle as we walk to the lounge together. Nkosenye immediately climbs on me and sleeps on me after I sit down.

Zanele : "Is he sick?"

Me : "No , I woke him up from his nap." She was about to talk when another knock came through. She goes to open

Zanele : "Oe! There's a man here for you." MaJiyane texts me that my driver has arrived. The driver helps us with my bag as I lock and bid goodbye to Zanele.

A few hours later we were at the airport , well that's where the driver had driven us. Two men in Black formal suits walked to the car and I just clinged onmy son who woke up.

Driver : "The bosslady said to take you here , don't be alarmed." He said calmly so I chose to believe him since i know him anyway. The two men took my travel bag , the other offered to carry my son but I politely declined. We then all walked towards the inside until a jet came into view. They led us in and I was met by my family , mom immediately rushed to us and hugged the both of us crying. We broke the hug as dad stood next to us , Nkosenye was in moms arms , I stayed for a while in dad's arms then proceeded to hug everyone else.

MaJiyane : "I missed you two so much." She smiled at me then kissed my cheek. She was with her man , Mr Rhadebe the lawyer ; I was so shocked the day i learnt about the both of them.

Me : "Where are we going anyway?"

Mom : "Just a little family vacation in Dubai." I smiled faintly , I just wasn't that excited because of various reasons.