CHAPTER 6 || PAIN

NKOSINATHI

So after a long three days , we've finally crashed Biyela's system and I have gathered every information that is important to him and helpful to me. I must say though , his people are good cause we weren't able to track him down for sometime until late at night yesterday. He is in a township called Wyebank so we working on a plan.

Nela was now a little better but not entirely and she has been mad at me for some reason , it's like she's distancing herself away from everyone especially me , she is always locked up in the bedroom sometimes with Nkosenye or alone and I'm really worried. I walked into the kitchen and found her making tea , this is a first. By the way we were in a safe house around.

Nela : "Uhm Can we talk?"

Me : "oh , okay." I follow her to the lounge , we settle on the double sitter. She exhales then holds my hands in hers

Nela : "I love you. You've given me the world's precious gifts ever , our kids. You made me a mother to four beautiful kids but unfortunately we only got to meet two. You saved me in the most weirdest way , it may sound farfetched but you did save me the time you impregnated me and i will always appreciate that and you for it. You were also the first person to ever love me as i am , you showed compassion and i am grateful. Thank you so much baby."

Me : "I love you too baby." She smiles and brushes the back of my palms with her thumbs.

Nela : "With all that , it wasn't easy. I also have felt great pain that i don't ever wish for anyone. We've been through so much and...."

Me : "Baby?" I can feel my heartbeat exhilarating.

Nela : "I can't do this Nathi. This? Us? I can't anymore. I think it's best if we separate , im sorry."

Me : "Don't say that baby please."

Nela : "Nathi , i can't keep living like this. I cannot besides you can also see that everything is against us. Ever since we've been together , you seem to be targeted kakhulu and it always ends up with my kids dead!" My heart clenches at the truth she uttered.

Me : "Hlonela."

Nela : "I really don't want you to beg me Nathi. We both know it's true , we can't continue like this."

Me : "I fucking need you more than i need to breathe!" I snap with tears already welling in my eyes.

Nela : "Nkosinathi don't! Don't make this harder than it already is!" She says in a hard shaky voice.

Me : "Then let's make it easy and stay together , don't leave me!"

Nela : "I-i-I need this okay!?! J...just let me have this! Let me be"

Me : "Hlonela please. Ngiyakucela mawengane yami." She sniffs and cups my face smiling a little then pressed her lips on mine. We kissed , the kiss was so passionate and emotional. We both were crying and weren't breaking the kiss. We break it finally and our foreheads touching , eyes closed and the tears still pouring.

Nela : "I love you." She whispered.

Me : "You don't hurt someone you love." I stand up and leave her like that. I get in my car and drive off to the warehouse.

____________

Me : "Nsimbi. Please organize the best security for the safe house where my wife and son are."

Nsimbi : "On it." He walks away.

Me : "What do you have for me Mike?" He turns to me

Mike : "Boss. I keep losing this man's tracker everytime he moves and his security walls are too high , i can't hack into them."