CHAPTER 21

HLONELA

It was Saturday today , the day of lobola. There would be taking place in eMandeni. Gogo woke us up at 03am because there is a lot to be dine apparently. All my cousins from my mother's side were here.

Mom : "Nomandla please come with me." She said holding my hand and led me to their room here. We found dad sitting on the bed

Dad : "Nkosazana yami."

Me : "Hi dad."

Mom : "Can we please talk?"

Andre : "Definitely not without us." He said walking in with Luyanda(Andrew)

Dad : "First of all, i really wanna apologise for our behavior sthandwa sami and acting stupid. The decisions we have made , we are sorry. We also sorry for keeping the truth from you while you suffered. We just thought we were protecting you baby."

Mom : "Please enjoy your day today without holding back."

Dad : "They all have been taken care of so you don't have to worry no more." I know what he means so i nod.

Mom : " We are really sorry babygirl.." i cut her short.

Me : "It's fine , i understand y'all and i forgive you but please never do that again." We all hug.

Andre : "Mom. Do you have anything to tell us?" He asks looking at her suspiciously like he knows something.

Mom : "Oh god! What do you think you know you problematic child!"

Andre : "I saw the tests on your bedroom trashcan."

Mom : "What were you even doing there!?!"

Andrew : "Wait... you two are having a child?"

Dad : "Babe. We pregnant?"

Mom : "NO! I am not pregnant , that was Mandy's."

Me : "Really?" She nods. We then hear our clan names being called outside. I peep through the curtain , mom smacks my back.

Mom : "Go to your room."

Me : "Dad. Take it easy on them okay?" He chuckles.

Dad : "Forget it baby."

_______________

It was now the second ceremony where I'll be escorted out of the yard with a keist that represents my coffin and I'll be travelling with it to Nathi's real home steads in Mgababa. When we get there , we stand by the gate singing some wedding songs waiting for Nathi's father , Rhadebe to welcome me. My two rascals immediately ran to the closed gate as they saw Rhadebe standing there.

Nkosana : "vulele Khulu." Everyone laughs. He lets them in and whispers something to them and that makes them run towards the house. He then welcomes me and walks me with his uncle's around the yard

"Siyakwamukela makoti emagcekeni oRhadebe. Sibiza nani boBhungane sithi yamukelani nansi ingoduso yenu entsha elandwe yindodana yenu uNkosinathi. Ngakho-ke besicela nimuvikele niphinde nimubusise kanye nomuzi wakhe azowakha..." He continues praising and pleading with the ancestors then leads me to the ancestral room (umsamu)where i kneel and i am made to drink African beer(umqombothi -utshwala babaphansi) then the eldest uncle that was in charge of the ceremony cuts a piece of skin from the two goats and make it a bracelet for me to wear  (iziphandla). I have to wear these until they fall out on their own. MaJiyane and Nathi's aunt take me to another room inside the house , they make me change into a new outfit with a headwrap and a scarf around my shoulders.

MaJiyane : "Finally. I am so happy that y'all finally taking this step my baby." She says hugging me then smiled at me and kisses my forehead. The aunt smiles at us then hugs me too

Aunt : "Welcome makoti." Another aunt walks in as singing proceeds outside the door.

Aunt2 : "It's time now." I walk out with them to join the maidens that are here to fetch me. It's a singing battle , me and Nathi meet in the center of the crowd (esgcawini). I dance my way to my husband then dance for him a bit before he grabs me into his arms and kisses me making the crowd scream , i blush hiding my face on his chest. He then makes me stand properly and dances around me while praising his ancestors.

We finally led to the tent , the decor inside is absolutely gorgeous and i love it. We sit in our own little couch with Nathi. His kids come running to us , we let them sit between us.

Nathi : "I love you."

Me : "I love you too." He kisses my forehead then his kids.

_______________

THE END!!!!!!