CHAPTER 2

HLONELA

We finally arrived at our destination and there were SUVs with tinted windows that were waiting for us. The drivers had masks for some weird reason and when I asked MaJiyane who I was gonna ride with , said it's because they have to be disguise incase Biyela's men were lurking. Just before we could drive off , Mr Rhadebe stopped the car and I was already panicked.

Rhadebe : "Don't panic Nela , it's nothing serious. I just wanted my woman with me. Baby come ride with your man phela hawu." He said the last sentence looking at MaJiyane who was already smiling. He helped her get off the car and they walked to the car behind the one I was in after telling me that we'd meet at our destination. The driver drove for a while , he kept stealing glances at me and I pretended not to notice. He finally parked in front of a big double storey beach house , it was painted with a cream white color with a grey tile roofing. I got off the car as the others got off too , Rhadebe led us inside and showed us around. The house was magnificent ; it was a ten bedroom house with 6 bathrooms , guest toilet and en suite ; one kitchen , one lounge , dining room , tv room , braai room & a domestic room. Each room had a patio and air conditioner.

Me : "Can i please be shown my room? I really need some sleep."  Rhadebe led me to a room that was so big , I almost thought it was the main bedroom. He walked out after I thanked him , I undressed myself and my son then went to run a bath for us. When i got to the room , my bag was already on top of my bed , so I rummaged through it then got us dressed then under the covers. Nkosenye fell asleep right away.

I got up from the bed to go downstairs , I couldn't sleep. When i got to the kitchen , I was startled by a figure sitting in the dark.

Me : "Oh uh sorry. Im just here to make a snack." It was a man

Man : "Mmh." I couldn't even turn the lights on cause I didn't know where the hell do you even press or look. The man walked away leaving me alone in the kitchen , I opened the fridge for something to drink. I found some pizza in the warmer , I warmed it up and took a few slices then went back to my room with the food and bottle of juice. I found my son awake playing with my phone

Me : "Why you up?" He looked at me and smiled innocently

Nkosenye : "Lambile mina Nene." He said pouting making me laugh.

Me : "Good thing I have food." He giggled and scooted closer to me , we both ate with him telling me his childish jokes that weren't making any sense but I laughed anyway.

________________

As I walked into the lounge coming from a walk by the beach , Nkosenye was playing toy cars with an unfamiliar but familiar man

Me : "Uh hi." He looked at me and I felt my blood run cold then quickly regained myself. I rushed into the kitchen and grabbed a glass , filled it with water and gulped it then filled a second glass. I leaned on the counter facing the entrance to try and keep my breathing in check as I drank the water slowly

Him : "Hey." I screamed and the glass slipped out of my hands and broke on the floor.

Him : "Calm down. Calm down." He said coming closer

Me : "Don't! Don't come close to me!" I was sobbing but also struggling to breathe

Him : "Nela , please. Uzoze uquleke." He said now

Me : "Don't touch me! Don't touch me! You ghost! You are a ghost! You dead! You died! You died and left me so don't touch me!"

Him : "Its me! It's me baby!"

Me : "NO! You died....yo...uu" then I blacked out.

______

When I woke up , I was in a room that looked almost exactly like a hospital room but wasn't. The constant beeping machines , the color white on the walls reminded me of a hospital ward but the sound of the sea outside , the double bed I was sleeping in proved that i wasn't in hospital so I assumed this room to be a some sort of medical room.