CHAPTER 13

Nkosinathi.

It has been five months since Nela 'broke' up with me. I must say , it has been hard for me to pretend as if i have no problem with her dating that boy , what i know is that im ready to get my family back. It's time i brought my family back together since it's my fault it fell apart.

Nela : "Oh Nathi , hey. The kids will be ready in a minute." She says smiling brightly at me. It really makes me happy to see her this glowing but very painful that i am not the cause of that.

Me : "oh okay."

Nela : "Come in." I follow her to the lounge where i find her boyfriend watching tv.

Him : "Oh hey man." He stands up to shake my hand , i shake it then sit.

Me : "Niyaphila?"

Him : "Yeah siyancenga mfethu."

Nela : "I'll be in the kitchen." She walks off.

Him : "My name is Bandile mfwethu and i know you don't like me , it's totally okay. I just want to ask you if we could meet up sometime when you free , i need to talk to you about something."

Me : "You can't say it here or now?"

Bandile : "No." I exhale. My kids come running to me and throw their little bodies on me.

Me : "Hey guys."

Them : "Baba!!" Nela walks in with a tray that has food ,

Nela : "Don't tell you were about to leave?"

Me : "I was actually , I'm taking these two somewhere." I say looking at my happy kids. Nela frowns

Nela : "Oh.. i had dished up for you but it's fine then."

Me : "Sorry. Goodbye , mfethu we will talk."

Bandile : "Sho."

Nkazi : "Bye mama! Bye Lume!" She waves at them.

________

I was on my way to meet up with Nela's boyfriend. I park my car then get out and lock it before i walk inside the restaurant. I spot him at a table by the corner

Me : "Sup man?" We handshake then sit.

Bandile : "im good mfo." We order drinks.

Me : "Yeah , you said you wanted us to talk."

Bandile : "uh yeah... i was actually wondering if you could give me your blessings to marry Hlonela." I choke on my drink

Me : "uhm what!?"

Bandile : "Yeah man , I'm really in love with her and I'm looking forward to spending my life with her." I regain my composure.

Me : "Listen mfethu , I respect you. I see you make her happy and all that but i can't do that."

Bandile : "You can't or you don't want?" His face changes. I chuckle.

Me : "I don't want to plus as far as I'm concerned , me and Nela are still married and it will remain that way unless she tells me otherwise."

Bandile : "Married?!"

Me : "Listen man , im not trying to be petty or anything but me and the mother of my kids agreed on separating for a while but never a divorce."

Bandile : "Mxm." He leaves. Hawu what did I say!?!