Chapter One

_____

MAYBE I'M HARD TO LOVE.

"Adrianna ! JOHNATHAN AND DALLY ARE COMING UP!" My brother yelled from downstairs making me distracted from the book I was far in.

"JOHHNY OR JOHNATHAN?" I yelled back already knowing the awanser.

"JOHNATHAN!" He yelled from downstairs while I groaned.

Johnathan wasn't bad I just would have rather had Johnny come over because of obvious reasons. Dally, Johnathan and Brad where probably the closest to each-other because they where the 'tough ones' of the gang.

I used to have a crush on Dallas for years but it faded away as I was getting older or maybe it was because Dallas was plain out rude to me.

Johnathan was a real nice guy once you got to know him but he's manipulative.

I was looking at myself in the mirror when I heard a knock on the door and I ran downstairs to open the door.

I opened the door and there was a drunk woman standing there , my mother.

My mother would only come home for a day and leave for two weeks. She didn't care about us and she was on something the only times she came home, I hated that woman with everything in me.

"IMM HOME!" She slurred while limping and forcing herself in.

"MA?" Bradd yelled for her, coming out and helping her get into the house, I hated him when he did stuff like that.

Brad was always a mommy's boy so I guess he didn't see how she treated me or how wasted she was every-time she came home.

"Brad you take her upstairs" I said giving him a glare  while he walked upstairs with her.

Now I guess Dallas and Johnathan aren't coming over.
_____

"Adrianna! Your spending the night at the Curtis house!" Brad yelled from downstairs.

"Do they have air conditioning?" I yelled back already knowing the answer

"ADRIANNA you know they don't! You've been going there for years!"

"A GIRL CAN DREAM!" I groaned back while I got up and started packing my bags.

______

I walked into the Curtis house and jumped on there couch because Brad had already made a call to them letting them know I was coming over.

"Whatcha Reading?" I asked leaning into pony-boy while he was obviously annoyed.

"A book?" He said reading as fast as he could.

"Have you ever read to kill a mocking bird?" I said. I was always the "dumb" girl in the group but alone I wasn't. — That was one of my favorite books. Only pretty girls are labeled as dumb.

"Yeah, It's a bad book." He said rolling his eyes like a grandpa.

"Liar, You haven't read it. I know all the books you have." I said rolling my eyes.

"I'm trying to read, can't you just leave me alone." He said obviously in a bad mood.

I moved to the other side and stared at him trying to hint that I was mad but of course he didn't get that, he didn't get any hints that I ever gave him.

I was about ready to leave when Johhny walked through the door.

Johny is such a sweet boy with a huge heart, god I wish people saw him like I did.

"Hey Johhny." I said smiling and twirling my hair.

"Hey Adrianna ." He said walking over to give me a harmless kiss on the cheek into the.

I stared crazy at the tv with a dumb Mickey Mouse episode, I didn't have a tv back at home.

I looked over at pony-boy again and this time it just made me feel upset.

Pony-boy was the one boy I ever "loved"in my life. Ever-since the first time we hung out everything changed but he didn't want me, Pony-boy Curtis wants a perfect soc girl.

"Pony-boy." I said about to ask a genuine question.

"What?" He respond back finally looking at me.

"Why are you always so rude to me? I seriously don't understand I do everything for you and you still — you act like someone else. Someone I wouldn't want to know." I said looking anywhere but him.

"I'm not being rude to you Adrianna — I'm just in a bad mood right now, Sorry." He said rubbing his forehead with his hand.

"You're always in a bad mood." I said getting up and going into the kitchen where everyone else was hanging around.

______