Chapter Four

TOO OFTEN, THE ONLY ESCAPE IS SLEEP
________

I woke up with a small headache and the smell of bacon lingering into my room making me jump up and run into the kitchen.

I walked in and sat down next to soda-pop and Steve and everyone looked at me like I was crazy.

"Why are you guys still looking at me like that?" I said anxiously biting my lip.

Everyone turned to brad speechless and he finally spoke up.

"Adrianna come out on the porch we need to have a talk." He said getting up and walking to the porch with me following behind him.

I closed the door gently and took a seat on the swinging chair waiting for him to speak first.

"We know what you did with that guy Adrianna." He said pulling out a cigarette.

"I was drunk brad, Don't act like you didn't get your friends girlfriend pregnant." I said trying to feel less guilty about what I did.

"Your fucking 15 Adrianna! Your gonna end up on the streets like mom if you keep it up." He said raising his voice at first.

"Don't you ever fucking compare me to that bitch." I said looking him dead in the eyes.

"You sucked a 23 year olds dick." He paused "Your fucking 15! That's almost 10 years apart!" He said putting his cigarette out.

"HE TOLD ME HE WAS 17 BRAD!?" I said as he looked at me like he knew I lied.

"Sure." He said getting up and walking to his car.

________

I walked inside with a bad mood.

"Why didn't you guys just tell me?" I said pouring myself a orange juice.

"Brad said he was gonna tell you" Two-bit said while the others agreed with him, all of them besides pony-boy.

"But why out of everyone a 23 year old?" Pony-boy said picking out a issue.

"Shut the fuck up Pony-boy, Your dating Sherri and she's 18."

"I'm not dating her! She's a soc." He said looking around defensively.

"Pony-boy I see the way you look at her, the way you act towards her, the way you talk to her, Don't okay stupid with me." I said walking into the bedroom I stayed in while everyone was left speechless.

________

After looking at the ceiling for a while soda-pop came in and closed the door behind him.

"Hey." He said lightly sitting on the bed.

"Hi." I said still looking at the ceiling.

Soda-pop and me always got along but where never real close, close enough to tell him the bad things of my life. We only ever told each other good things about our life's.

"Adrianna where not mad at you, he never where." He said patting my back and smiling.

"Yeah you are, you guys always do this! Your gonna ignore me and be assholes, trust me I know you guys more then you know yourself's." I said looking at him dead in the face.

"Cmon Ari you know that's not true-"

"It's true, you guys never give a shit about me. Everything is about Brad or someone else." I said.

"Adrianna we don't feel that way! We all love you so much." He said leaning back into the bed.

"I love you guys to." I said wanting to end the fight and eventually snuggling into his chest.

_________

I woke up smiling with soda-pops arm around me. I had my eyes closed a little and I could see him smiling and looking at me.

I opened my eyes and he started to stroke his hand down my cheek.

"Your so beautiful." He said smiling as I smiled back.

"I know." I said getting up and walking to the dining table where everyone was sitting at.

Everyone was eating there food and I made my mind up that I was gonna put a end to this drama.

"Hey guys can we just leave everything behind with what's happened with this month? I regret all the things I did." I said looking at everyone one of them while they agreed.

"Yeah I'm sick of this, Everyone of us have been distant and I miss hanging with Adrianna." Pony-boy said making me twirl my hair.

______________

I was sitting around watching tv, more like anything but the tv when I saw a photo of the Curtis family.

I miss them so much. They where always like the parents I always wished for and they treated me like there own child when my parents wouldn't.

It's only been a little bit more then a year since it's happened and it's broken everything.

_____________

I was sitting on the couch reading my book when I felt a big jump into me distracting me from my book.

"Wanna go to the fair tonight." He said wiggling his eyebrows "Just you and me?".

"Your such a flirt, And you've got me under your spell" I said leaning my head into his chest.

_____________