Chapter Six

THE ONLY THING IM GOOD AT IS DESTROYING MYSELF.
__________

I got home from school and plopped on the couch with pony-boy — as always.

Everyone finally come home and we all sat down at the table as I dug my face into my mashed potatoes.

"So how was school?" Brad asked.

"Boring." I said as pony-boy held a huge smirk on his face.

"You seem to be happy, what it it?" Darry asked while the others agreed.

"I almost got kissed today." Pony-boy said wiggling his eyebrows while Adrianna rolled her eyes.

"It was a joke don't even." Adrianna said as the gang started to laugh and make dramatic noises.

"OOOHH!" Steve yelled from across the table.

"Adrianna's got a crush!" They all chanted while I felt my fingertips turn red, I ignored them though.

I was distracted on Johnny, He looked mad.

__________

It was time for bed and I couldn't sleep, I was on a chair by the window smoking.  I was to distracted on what happened with Johnny.

About 30 minutes later pony-boy came in my room to sleep with me ; he always sleep with me when he couldn't sleep.

"You really shouldn't smoke before bed." He said pulling a chair up next to me.

"Something's wrong with Johnny, I can tell." I said looking out the window.

"He just flunked a quiz, that's all." Pony-boy said stroking my back as I nodded. As much as I wanted it to be true I knew it was something else.

"I thought you quit?" Pony-boy said a little upset.

"I can't sleep, and I am quitting." I said leaning against him as he put his hand on my thigh.

"You know I only ever want the best for you, right?" He asked

"I know, and that's why I love you." I said jumping on the bed and pulling the covers over me.

He turned the light off and practically jumped onto me with his arm secured around me.

"I love you to."

__________

I woke up with the smell off bacon lingering in my nose.

I walked out into the kitchen with one of brads shirts  on with some sweatpants to see pony-boy with no shirt on ; cooking a whole meal for everyone.

"You didn't have to do all this." I said smiling as he smiled back.

"The things you do for people you love." He joked while all of the gang started walking out one by one.

__________

We all finished our food and I had to say something to Johnny, it was driving me mad