Prologue

"We have to go!" she yelled, clutching her child even closer to her. Her husband ran out from the burning building and came to her side. He limped and winced on every step. Even she was injured - a large cut over her eye. He nodded and said, "But what will we do with him?" Tears welled up in her eyes.

"We let him go,"

The child had his parents' elf ears and owl wings. His blue hair which was inherited from his father was fluffy and gave him an innocent look which - as the parents knew - wouldn't last long. His teal eyes were startling and could turn heads at a glance. "Aeor will protect him," she said and her husband looked at her, silently saying yes.

"What of his brother?" he asked, worried for his other son. She sighed sadly, "I don't know. We'll send him along but Exor has already chosen him." Her husband put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. She said, "He'll live a normal life for a while. When the time comes, we must believe Scott will be able to control him."

"I agree." 

Like his brother, he had fluffy hair but purple. His eyes were deep and one could get lost in them and never find their way out. These didn't radiate goodness. On the other hand, they radiated malice. Such was the curse of Exor. He also had elf ears and owl wings although his ears were longer and wings, more graceful.

The two children were placed in the center of the ruins. She turned to her older child, "Xornoth, take care of your brother," and planted a kiss on his forehead. "And Scott, never forget who you are and why you special," The ruins lit up, the ancient languages on them glowing. Scott and Xornoth got one last look of their parents before they were whisked away to a land unknown.

•~•~•

Word count: 316

Well, that's the prologue. It's extremely short, I know but I had no idea what to add to it. Also, the canonical story of Empires may or may not be accurate. This is my AU, I can do whatever the f-ing hell I want.

<RubyBlueWrites left the game>