Chapter 3

As the days went on, Scott realized more and more how much happier he was now that he had people other than his brother who cared. Of course, he had Joey but having a group of friends felt much better. No longer was he teased or made fun of for liking magic. Here, he had people who understood him. People who would like him no matter his appearance or hobbies. In fact, they'd convinced him that naturally cyan hair was actually pretty cool.

In the group, he constantly had someone with him during his classes. Only a few hours of the day passed when he was lonely. Over time, these hours became lesser and lesser as he grew to enjoy his friends presence more than he thought he ever would. Arguments would break out occasionally but they were never held over each other's head and they subsided in little time. Funnily enough, the one Scott noticed first was the one he spent most time with.

He flirted with Jimmy the most although the chivalrous behavior wasn't limited to him. Sausage was also another receiver of these comments. Scott was walking down the school corridors with Jimmy, both of them deep in conversation about something. So much so that they didn't notice the student just in front of them before it was too late.

This kid was much older than the two and - by the looks of it - much stronger. "So," he said with a crooked grin, "What brings you to my school?" Scott huffed in annoyance, "He's been here for a year now and I've been here for a few weeks, I'll have you know," He laughed in a way that made Scott want to punch his face, "A few weeks without running into me? Impressive. Back off, Tiny Tim. I wanna welcome your friend to our school."

He raised his fist and was about to bring it down when a female voice yelled, "FRICK OFF, JEFF. DUMBASSES AREN'T ALLOWED IN MY TERRITORY!" Scott scanned the scene to see who had yelled out. He found her. She had long, red hair which cascaded down her back like a waterfall. Her emerald-green eyes were hard with rage. Her expression made the green hoodie and brown jeans she was wearing look fierce.

"Says who?" sneered Jeff. She stepped up and faced him. "Me." she said, looking at him. He looked at her in disgust, "And who might you be, spoilt princess?" She threw her hair back. Scott marveled in how much sass she put into it. "The one and only GeminiTay," she announced. "Yeah? Let's see how our 'one and only' deals with this!" He threw a punch at her and to Scott's surprise she caught it. GeminiTay twisted his arm and snarled, "All bark no bite, huh?" she dropped her voice, "Next time, bark louder."

Jeff eyed her angrily. "I'll get you for this," he muttered along with a string of dirty profanities to the girl who bested him. She rolled her eyes, "In your three brain-celled dreams!" she called out to him. She turned to Scott and Jimmy who were standing in awe at what she'd done. "Thanks," was all Jimmy could manage. She grinned, "Anytime! By the way, I'm GeminiTay but you can call me Gem."

"Thanks, Gem," said Scott, "I'm Scott and this guy's Jimmy." he bent forward and whispered in her ear, "I know he says he's straight but trust me, he's very, very gay." She nodded, "Noted," Jimmy went as red as a cherry, "I heard that! Shut up! So are you!" Scott smirked, "At least I acknowledge it." Jimmy looked down shamefully. Scott shot an apologetic look at Gem, "He's always like that, don't worry." She nodded again said bye hurriedly as the bell rang.

~~~~

Later that evening, Scott went through his books. Each and every one was scanned once. He sighed and scanned them again. "I know you're in here," he mumbled to himself. The sound of flipping pages filled the near-silent room. He found the page. Scott let out a satisfied 'aha' as he read further. He looked through the text before shoving the book in his school bag. He was gonna need it.

"Who really are you, Wizard Gem?"

•~•~•~•

Word count: 703

Not as much as last time but it'll have to do. So. Gem's here! Yay! And if you made it this far without getting bored, congratulations!

<RubyBlueWrites left the game>