Chapter 7

It had taken Scott three days of protesting to convince Xornoth to allow him outside of his bedroom. It took another twenty-four hours to allow him to go meet his friends. Finally, on Wednesday, Scott was at school as though this event hadn't ever taken place. He got barely five minutes of looking around before something blue, red, white barreled straight into him.

~~~~

"Hey Jim!" Jimmy turned around to see who called him. It was Lizzie, hanging around by his locker. Jimmy grinned in greeting as he walked over. "Hi Lizzie! What's up?" Lizzie sighed, "Joel's 'ill' today and he can't come to school. Of course, he asked me to ask you about whether you would - I dunno - tell him what homework you've got?" Jimmy shrugged, "Sure. It's not like I'm gonna do it myself."

Lizzie laughed which coaxed a chuckle out of Jimmy. After recovering, she said, "Oh! Look at the time! I've gotta go - uh - to class." Jimmy waved her goodbye before remembering how he also had to get to class. He sighed heavily and stalked towards his class until a head of bright blue hair towering above a few others. There he is, your Petal, laughed the cruel voice in his head, I didn't kill him yet.

"Don't you dare." he growled before making his way through the crowd. Yes, it was him. Jimmy ran full force and shoved himself into Scott's arms who let out a little yelp of surprise before pulling the blond closer. He chuckled and said, "Missed me did you?" His Scottish voice tickled Jimmy's ear and sent a wave of relief crashing over him

"I'm so glad you're... you're alright. I-I thought-" Scott cut him off, shushing. "Of course I'm fine. Did you really think anything would happen?" Yes, he wanted to answer, yes, I really did. But instead he said, "No," with a laugh, "I know it was dumb. You were probably tired or something," Scott seemed to tense but he grinned. "I mean... fair."

They were interrupted by the bell ringing. "Well, see you next class!" Scott laughed and waved, still grinning. Jimmy rolled his eyes and began to walk down the corridor. Halfway to the class, he heard a familiar voice whispering, "Oh my God." He whipped around to see Scott standing there, obviously trying to muffle his giggles. "What?" Jimmy demanded, "What is it?" Scott wheezed, on the verge of laughter but not quite there yet. "We're in the same class, Jimmy."

Jimmy felt his cheeks grow hot, knowing that blush was climbing up his face. "R-right," he muttered, growing even redder. Scott chuckled, obviously enjoying making Jimmy blush. "C'mon then, darling. We'll be late," said Scott, gently tugging on Jimmy's hand to get him to move towards the class. He obeyed, rolling Scott's words around in his head.

"Hold up. Did you just call me 'darling'?!"

Scott stuttered, fumbling over his words. A faint blush bloomed on his cheeks, causing Jimmy to silently congratulate himself for achieving this feat. A flustered mess poured out of his mouth, any words lost behind his teeth. Jimmy smirked, "I'll let it slide..." he smirked, "...darling," Scott smiled, regaining his control over words. "The universe must've aligned for you to have done that," Jimmy tried to flip his hair, failing, "I am loved by the universe!" Scott let out a little 'pfft' before entering class.

Jimmy followed suit, groaning internally as he realized he was later. "Mr. Major!" screeched Ms. Smith, "Mr. Solidarity. May I understand why on Earth are you two late?!" Whatever gods had blessed him in the hallway had deserted him, leaving him fumbling once again. "It's my fault," said Scott calmly, "He was helping me clean up my books." Jimmy mutely nodded and Ms. Smith gave them a look that said 'I will find out what's going on, boys.'

"Take your seats. Now, who can tell me what is 2x + 13 = ..."

~~~~

"I'm ho-" started Scott before cutting himself off and realizing Xornoth wasn't home. Right. He pulled Jimmy in and sat him on the bed. "Now, tell me, Scott, what was so... important?" Scott shrugged, not wanting to reveal anything. If what he thought was true, his life was an intricate tapestry woven with lies. "It's nothing much," he shrugged, studying Jimmy's expression. His demeanor, the way he spoke and his laugh. All so familiar. What happened in the hallway only confirmed his suspicions. Lies, lies and more lies. Told by his brother, friend and love.

"Really?" asked Jimmy, raising his eyebrows, "Then why was your call so... urgent?" Scott hummed in thought, "I had something on mind but it just slipped," Another lie, falling from his own mouth. He rummaged through his stuff. There it was, safe and sound. "Oh, right. Joel's not well, you know. I wanted to head to his place to - y'know - check on him," A puzzled look crossed Jimmy's face, "Then why are we here?"

Scott pulled out a flower, red as blood, painful as pasts. "For you, darling,"

•~•~•~•

Word count: 836

WHOO! I'm back! Gods, it's been way too long. I am SORRY but a new grade started and uh school work decided to exist. I'm currently trying to find a way around the parent controls and screen-time thing on this laptop so once again sorry! Alright, I hope y'all are enjoying the slow but sure ascent into this becoming a full blown Flower Husbands fic!

<RubyBlueWrites left the game>