unwanted childhood

Kai woke up at the crack of dawn, like usual, to start his daily training. Midst training a faint memory aroze in Kai's mind, one he wanted to forget, forever. "Kai, what are you doing honey?", kai could hear the voice of his mother, he couldn't help but look around from where the voice originated from, but when he looked there was nothing but the training grounds where he was, slight fog gathered on the ground and the slight glow of the rising sun.

Deep down he knew it couldn't be true, but he still hoped for it to be real. He continued to punch the punching bag in front of him with memory after memory popping up, memory after memory kai punched all his anger out when suddenly, little Nya was right in front of him, "Kai, I drew this for you!" she said holding up a drawing of her and him holding hands. he couldn't stop the tears from rolling down his face and onto the ground, all his pent-up rage and emotion burst out into a fist of fire disintegrating the bag. kai just looked at it and turned to leave, "don't worry Nya, I will find you and we can finally be a family"

Garmadon was waiting for kai back at the hideout, "Are you ready my son, for revenge" he said to kai as he walked through the door, "as I will ever be, master" an almost purple glint appeared in his eyes, "first things first, we need to get the sword of fire, this will help to enhance your elemental power, unfortunately, my brother got to it first with his pesky ninja' he said pointing at some pictures he put up on the wall of their hideout. the photos consist of the temple of fire, the sword of fire and individual pictures of master wu and his pupils.

(I have only just realized I forgot to put freckles on Jay, but I'm too lazy to put them on now, just pretend they are there)

there was a tall pale boy with white slicked-up hair and an all-most robotic look, one who had frizzy light brown hair and was covered in freckles but his eyes were instantly attracted to the last boy. the boy had dark smooth skin and his eyes looked like coals, his hair looked to be thick yet silky and was the same colour as his doe eyes, kai couldn't explain the emotion he was having and he did not like it.

Kai's attention was stolen when he saw his master pick up the picture of his brother. Garmadon had told kai all about the past with his brother and why he was like this, "guess we have to pay them a quick visit, care to do it kai?" he asked looking over at his pupil, his one and true son. "it would be my pleasure master" kai said in an eager tone walking off into the dark

with the other ninja

the 3 ninjas were running through the misty woods on the way to their destination, the old blacksmith shop had been out of business for years now but there was a small house not far from it, and according to Zane's research it was kai's childhood home and the last known place of his whereabouts. they all entered the rundown house and the misty smell was overwhelming, "sure does look unused, aye guys" jay said to the others, " everyone looked around for any clues about this kai guy or his whereabouts" Cole said to his team, they all split up to look around each gripping onto there golden weapons.

Cole took to the upstairs while Jay and Zane stayed downstairs to search. Cole first entered what seemed to be Kai's parent's room, it was surprisingly clean and untouched even though it was all covered in a thick layer of dust, the next room he entered was covered in pink and had baby toys and a baby cot in the corner, Cole guessed it to be Nya's, after looking closer he found a picture of Nya in her parents' arms framed on one of the shelves, he decided to take it as it might be useful later on. after entering the bathroom and toilet there was only one more room at the end of the hallway that he had not checked yet and he was sure it was Kai's.

 after entering the bathroom and toilet there was only one more room at the end of the hallway that he had not checked yet and he was sure it was Kai's

(the photo Cole took)

he slowly walked up to the door unsure of why he was so scared, the house was abandoned. He twisted the door knob and quickly opened the door, on the other side was a room painted red and just an average boy's room, toys scattered on the floor, bed unmade when he walked in he looked around and couldn't hold back his chuckle. Cole had lost the track of time just looking around the young boy's room and the others had to go up and find him, "Cole are you ok? It's been an hour"Zane said walking down the hallway to the room with the open door. "oh sorry guys I just got distracted" Cole said walking out with one hand behind his head.

they all walked outside to show what they found, "I found some old documents that I took pictures of in the study" Zane said, "I found some old blacksmith tools in the shed out back" jay timed in, "I found this picture of his parents and younger sister" Cole showed them the picture. As they were talking, Cole could sense they were being watched but couldn't tell where from, but he could tell the others felt it too, "Let's head back to the monastery so we look into this some more" Zane said.

they had reached the monastery just as the sun was setting, that feeling of being watched had not gone away since they left the house, even though,  they walked into the monastery hoping it was just them, they were wrong.

Jay was the last to enter so he had the job of closing the door, but when he turned around he saw a black figure standing in the middle of the monastery training court holding 2 katana. Jay yelled out to the others for help in which they ran over to jay weapons at the ready, Jay was standing on the porch just outside the door.

"oh I am not here to fight you ninja, even though you wouldn't stand a chance against me, I am only here for that sword of fire you possess, so if you would just be so kind as to hand it over-", the figure said in a bitter yet soft tone that caught Cole of guard slightly, " sorry pal, but that sword your after is under our protection, so if you want it that badly your going to have to go through us," Cole said. a look of happiness could be soon through the eyes of the figure as the rest of his face was covered up. 

"well looks like I get to have some fun," he said before charging full force at them.