reunion pt2

Nya, Cole, Jay and Zane could be found out in the fighting area cleaning up after their previous fight with Elio. "jeez is this place a mess" Jay said leaning on his broom, "yeah and it's not going to clean itself, now get back to it" Cole said hitting him with some rubble. "uggh, why couldn't we get Kai to do it, technically he did make the mess" Jay said getting back to sweeping.

"cause he's passed out on his bed, he shouldn't be doing anything physical for awhile, he needs his sleep if he's going to help us save Ninjago as master Wu has proclaimed" Zane said lifting up some of the bigger pieces of rubble, "yeah true- Hey Nya you've been really quite this whole time, you ok?" the lighting ninja asked, "oh, yeah im ok, just a lot on my mind", "mind telling the class, it might make you feel better"he said putting his hand on her shoulder

"only if you want to though, you shouldn't feel pressured to do that" Jay said taking his hand off and blushing profusely, "i'm just worried at how my parents going to react to Kai being back, what if it sets Kai off, what if they say he's changed and don't accept him" Nya let out tear forming in her eyes. "well, you have grown up around your parents not him, how do you think they would react?" Zane smartly added, Nya looked at her hands, "they have always put me before them, if we weren't giving enough food they would make sure i had the most" she admitted.

"if that's how they acted with you, i feel like they would be over the moon about Kai, so don't you worry Nya" Jay said still sweeping avoiding her eyes. at that very moment they each heard the doors beginning to open, when they turned to see who they were surprised to see Maya, Ray and Lloyd walking in. Lloyd was full of energy running around and talking so fast, probably on a sugar high, while Maya and Ray looked quite tired yet carried a smile on their faces.

"oh Hello Mr and Misses Smith, welcome back" Zane said while dusting the dirt of himself, "Zane i have told you to call us by our names, we're not that strict" Ray said closing the doors behind them. "Hello Nya, how was your day, i'm guessing you lot had fun" Maya said hugging her daughter and looking at the state of the monastery, Nya started to sweat and tried to keep calm, she wasn't ready for this.

"oh y-yeah, you know a n-ninja's life is never quiet" she managed and could feel the weird looks she was getting from the guys, "well as long as you do get to hurt love" Maya said kissing her forehead before walking inside with Ray. the boys wait for the doors to be fully shut before questioning her, "what was that?" Jay said, "why didn't you just tell them?" Cole asked. "well, if i told them they would rush into him-" Nya said before being interrupted by Jay, "isn't that a good thing though, didn't you want them to be happy to see their son?" Jay continued. "it's best for him to catch up on sleep Jay" Zane said.

"yeah so if i told them they would go and instantly wake him up which could cause more trouble to Kai" Nya said hitting Jay on the head, "ooh yeah that's true, sorry 😅" Jay said rubbing where he got hit. They all continued to clean in silence apart from some questions here and there about what they were doing, they were all tired and stressed about the day that they have had.

later that day Nya was walking past the room Kai was staying in and got curious. she knew she shouldn't wake him, but she just wanted to be with him, she quietly opened the door and slipped in. she looked over at him who was still asleep, without thinking she walked over to him and lay on the bed next to him. it felt so warm and cozy she never wanted to leave, "hmm, who's that" kai said half asleep, "it's me, Nya, i'm sorry for waking you I just-" she said softly before Kai wrapped his arm around her and just hugged her.

"it's ok sis, maybe i'll get a better sleep knowing that your here with me" Kai sleepily said, Nya laid there until she herself fell asleep. the rise and fall of her older brother helped her to relax and his musk made her feel happy. without realising it she had hugged onto him tighter, Kai could feel it and it made him smile.