Sword Of Fire

Jay had no time to react before being forced to the ground under such force. Cole whacked him across the foyer into the pole with the start button, the figure glanced at the button and a wicked thought crossed his mind, he pressed the button just as the boys ran the attack, Zane got clubbed in the face by one of the dummies and was sent flying into Cole who only just dogged Jay who tripped over one of the other obstacles, the figure couldn't help but laugh out loud. "master was right, you ninja have no idea how to fight" he said, "master!? who are you, and what do you want with the sword" Cole shouted from under Zane, "wouldn't you like to know" the figure said. "yes we would very much like to know" Zane said

unknown to the figure Jay had snuck up behind it and taken his mask off,  a mix of terror and confusion grew upon their faces, "k-kai" they all said in unison. the cold breeze blew across Kais's face showing his amber eyes and the scar that ran across his left eye, " yeah, so what, it's not like you know me, no one has ever cared for me, no one but my new master, lord Garmadon" with the words falling out of his mouth kai had enough of this fight. balls of fire form in his grasp, he threw them at the wood equipment causing a fire to break out, "good luck getting out of this one ninja" he said before dashing inside for the sword

"Zane, Jay, put out the fire, I'll go after Kai' Cole said before following Kai. Cole ran to the room where they were keeping the sword of fire, when he entered the room black smoke filled it, he had a bad feeling that he was a little too late to grab it.  he hustled over to the stand it was last on, but it wasn't there, an unsettling laugh came from the smoke,  "looking for something, why are you fighting, Cole," kai said amongst the smoke. 

"how do you know my name" Cole said trying to locate where he is, "oh I know all about you, your family, your life, how's that dance school going" he said appearing but only for a split second before hiding again, "w-what", "Cole, why are you fighting, what purpose is it for?" kai repeated his question, "because it is my duty, I was given this power to help people-" cole started before being cut off, "pfft, help people, what have they ever done to deserve help, ever since I was little people took everything from me, and you want to help those people?!" kai shouted, he appeared out of the smoke again and tried to hit Cole, but Cole was fast enough at blocked it.

 "you know Cole, I am getting quite fond of you," kai said twirling around Cole in a tornado of flame, and his sword collided with Cole's syth, "you have beautiful eyes and your hair looks like silk," he said getting slightly off track. "hey your not bad looking yourself, I mean it must take you hours to get your hair to stay like that!" Cole said pulling his syth down to the floor, the boy's eyes meet each others, and started blushing like crazy, "you know if you wish to switch sides, and join the winning side, I could put a good word in for you to my master," kai said sheathing his swords away while still holding the sword of fire.

 he held a hand out for Cole, inviting him to the dark side, "I'm sorry but I can't do that" Cole said holding his syth back up, "oh, that's too bad" kai said curling his hand into a fist, "you know I really do like you" kai's fist landed a blow onto Cole's face causing him to blackout and fall to the ground, kai kneeled down to Cole and tucked his hair behind his ear before taking off again through the foyer past Zane and Jay. 

Zane was too occupied with putting out the fire, while jay saw Kai and tried to shoot him with lightning but Kai was too fast for him, instead it was shot into the sky. When Jay saw Kai go past and no Cole following he had a bad feeling and went to go check, he entered to still smoke-filled room to see no sword of fire, and Cole passed out on the floor. 

later when Cole woke up, Zane and Jay explained what happened after he passed out (since he got slight amnesia), Kai took the sword but luckily they were able to save the monastery from burning. Cole kept playing the fight in his head over and over, was kai being serious and actually flirting with him or just trying to distract him? he felt bad letting him get away with the sword.

At the hideout

Kai had just reached the door to their hideout when it started to heavily rain outside, he walked in feeling proud and accomplished. Kai handed the Sword Of Fire to Garmadon, "I knew you wouldn't let me down, son" he said putting a hand on his shoulder, Kai looked out the corner of his eye and saw a blonde-haired boy walk towards them, "I thought I was you son dad?!" he said knocking Garmadons hand of Kai, "pfft, Lloyd why would I want you as my heir when I have this well-trained ninja to do just the job if I were you I would just get out of my way" Garmadon said not laying an eye on his biological son.

The small boy ran out the door into the rain, while Garmadon took the sword from kai to place somewhere safe he walked down the hall to his room. Kai shut the door and once again he was alone with his thoughts, his least favorite thing, he felt bad for punching Cole in the face but embarrassed that he said all those things to Cole.

'surely Cole didn't think too much about it, did he?' kai asked himself as he lay down in his nice comfy bed and his thoughts drifted off into dreams, or as he considers them, nightmares.