girls night-out

It's been a few days since Nick, Florence's older brother, delivered the message that their mother wanted to be part of their family again.

Ever since, the upcoming singer had been doing exactly what every songwriter would do in a situation like that - write songs.

Sure, in the restaurant, she had told Elizabeth that she could be the bigger person and not care about her mother anymore. However, it seems like buried feelings always find a way to come back to light.

Especially if you are living in the house that has once been shared with said mother. Every corner of her home suddenly reminded her of the things Patricia Brown had done to her when she was merely a child.

So every morning, Florence would choose another one of these spots to relieve all of the pain and turn it into one of the most honest songs she has ever written. She named it Family Line.

Flo wasn't sure if she would ever be able to release this song, as it was so true to her story and would probably lead to questions in her fandom. But in her heart, she probably must have already known that she was going to do it nonetheless, so she filmed herself during the writing process. And not only the good parts, also the hard ones, where she couldn't stop crying and her breathing was being unstable.

Like always, she took her little camcorder and started talking while recording:

Hey friends,
as you know I'm currently writing a song that's very personal to me and I feel like I've finally mastered the bridge for the song..
It really shows all of the points and emotions that I'm trying to convey.
It goes a little like this:

Oh, all that I did to try to undo it
All of my pain and all your excuses
I was a kid but I wasn't clueless
(Someone who loves you wouldn't do this)
All of my past, I tried to erase it
But now I see, would I even change it?
Might share a face and share a last name, but
(We are not the same)

(originally by Conan Gray - Family Line)

After the singer had stopped recording, tears started falling down her cheeks again. They left a salty taste in her mouth, but she didn't have much time to think about that further, as her doorbell started ringing.

Probably Lizzie. Cameron and Isabella had been calling her the days before and must have picked up her mood and wanted to give her some freedom now.

Flo quickly ran up to the mirror to check her face. After wiping away the tears she went to open up the door.
It turns out she was right. "Hey Elizabeth, what's up?", the brunette welcomed the other woman, trying not to sound like she was just interrupted while crying.

"Yeah.. I don't but it. You never call me by my full name."

Fuck.

She didn't know what to answer to that but luckily the actress went on by herself. "I know something's not right. You're recent texts have been dry as fuck, no sarcasm, jokes or any emotion really. I've also talked to your friend and they're concerned as well. They told me and I quote: 'She was even paler than usual and it seemed like all of the energy inside of her has been sucked out'. And now that I'm standing here I believe they weren't exaggerating, you look like a ghost."

Florence gave her a weak smile. "Ghosts are cool."

Lizzie rolls her eyes and follows her inside the house. "At least the sarcasm is still there."