01 - Entrance Exam

Enjoy!

-.-.-.-

U.A. Highschool's Hero course. A training school for those whose goal is to acquire the necessary qualifications for pro heroes. It is by far the most prestigious school in Japan, with legendary figures like Allmight, Endeavour and Best Jeanist all having graduated from U.A. Highschool.

However, with prestige comes competition. U.A. is also by far the most competitive school, with less than 300 accepted students every year.

A girl with black hair and bandages covering her mouth is walking into this school right now. Her name, Obanai Nahibe. Her goal, to get accepted into U.A. by passing the Entrance Exam.

As she walked into the school, she followed the signs to an dark auditorium, with many seats facing towards a stage. She sat down at a random seat and waited patiently.

"Is this seat taken?" Obanai heard from behind her.

She turned around and saw a girl with dark purple hair and 2 earphone jacks hanging off her earlobes. "No," Obanai responded. The girl then sat down next to Obanai.

"Name's Kyoka Jiro," she said.

"Obanai," Obanai responded.

"Nice to meet ya, what school do you come from?" Kyoka asked, initiating small talk.

"Atamakarui middle school, how about you?" Obanai asked.

"Chigaui academy, simple if not a little dull." Kyoka replied.

"Hissssssss..." Obanai's snake hissed.

Kyoka looked suprised, "I-is that a snake?" she asked, gaining the attention of other people nearby.

"Her name's Kaburamaru," Obanai responded, receiving an "oh" from Kyoka.

Everyone else nearby was staring at the snake in fear, to the annoyance of Obanai, "You got a problem with my snake?" Obanai glared. Everyone immeadiately looked away a figured the ceiling was very interesting.

After some awkward silence, Kyoka asked, "Can I pet her?"

"If she lets you..." Obanai replied.

Before Kyoka could try to pet the snake, a bunch of spot lights suddenly turned on, facing the center of the stage. A massive screen turned on showing the symbol of the U.A. academy, with the spotlight focusing on an announcer.

"For all you examinee listeners tuning in," The U.A. logo glimmered, "welcome to my show today!" the announcer spoke.

"Everybody say HEY!" the announcer yelled, turning his ear to the audience.

 Silence. . . 

The announcer clearly unperturbed, said "What a refined response."

The announcer continued, "Then I'll quickly present to you a rundown on the practical exam!"

He struck a pose, "Are you READY!? YEAH!"

Silence. . .

Obanai could here someone mumbling to themselves in the distance, but paid it no mind.

"As it says in the application requirements, you listeners will be conducting ten-minute mock urban battles after this!" the screen then showed a map of the school and 7 practical exam areas, marked from A to G.

"You can bring whatever you want with you. After this presentation, you'll head to the specified battle center, okay? OKAY?!"

Silence . . . 

Obanai looked at her exam ticket, it read 'Examinee No.: 1598''Test Location: Battle Center F'

"Hey, it looks like we got the same battle center," Kyoka said. Obanai looked at Kyoka's exam ticket, which also said battle center F.