10 - Obstacle Course

Enjoy!

-.-.-.-

Today was the day of the U.A. sports festival, instead of having classes, Class 1-A were sitting in a waiting room, waiting for the event to start.

"Man..." Mina sighed, "I wanted to wear my hero costume." she complained in her gym uniform.

"To keep everything fair, we can't." Mashirao said while stretching his arms.

"I wonder what the first round is going to be..." Rikido wondered aloud.

"No matter what comes, we have no choice but to deal with it." Fumikage said.

"Right." Mezo agreed.

Tenya then burst through the door, "Everyone, are you ready? We will be entering soon!" he announced. Next to Obanai, Kyoka gave a sigh, clearly trying to release tension.

"Midoriya," Shoto said, raising his voice so the whole class could hear.

"Todoroki? What is it?" Izuku asked.

"Looking at things objectively, I think I'm stronger than you." Shoto started.

"Huh? Y-yeah..." Izuku agreed.

"But... Allmight has his eye on you, doesn't he?" Shoto declared, to the suprise of Izuku. "I'm not trying to pry about that. But I'm going to beat you" Shoto declared.

"Oh? Is the best in the class making a declaration of war?" Denki asked, clearly liking the drama.

Eijiro walked up to the two, "Hey, hey, hey! Why are you picking a fight all the sudden? Not now, we're about to start!" He said, putting a hand on Shoto's shoulder, which he promptly shoved away.

Obanai interupted, "We're not here to be friends. We're here to win." she said as Shoto walked to the door.

Izuku spoke up, "Todoroki, I don't know what you're thinking when you say you'll beat me," Shoto looked back, "but of course your better than me. I think your more capable than most people... looking at it objectively..." Izuku trailed off.

Eijiro tried to reassure Izuku, "Midoriya, you probably shouldn't talk so negatively..."

"But everyone--" Izuku interupted, "The students from the other courses are aiming for the top with everything they've got! I can't afford to fall behind. I'll be going for it with everything I have, too." Izuku declared.

"Yeah." Shoto responded blandly.

"I don't mind teaming up," Obanai spoke up, but then narrowed her eyes, "But don't get angry when I crush you all without mercy."

-.-.-.-

As Class A were walking through the hallway into the stadium, President Mic spoke up from a speaker, "Hey!" he yelled, a massive audience from around Japan started cheering.

"Pay attention, audience! Swarm, mass media! This year's high school rodeo of adolescence that you all love, the U.A. sports festival, is about to begin! Everybody, are you ready?!" President Mic asked the crowd. "It's time for the students to enter the first-year stage!" he declared.

Fireworks could be heard from the distance, "The U.A. sports festival! The huge battle where fledgling heroes sharpen their swords once a year! Anyway, these are the guys, right? The miraculous new stars who overcame enemy attacks with their hearts of steel! The hero course, Class 1-A, right?!" he yelled as Class A walked into the stadium field.

"Jeez, I do not like large audiences..." Kyoka muttered.

"Why? They can't hurt you, can they?" Obanai asked.