Introduction

Hello readers! Welcome to my new book! As always, I will use this chapter to explain what the book is about and it's many changes from cannon.

Let's begin!

Like I said earlier I'm changing a lot of things from cannon Danmachi like the leveling system. I will explain that further on.

The story will have big focus on exploring Babel and having adventures. That doesn't mean the story won't have romance or funny secenes but the big focus is gonna be combat.

Like usually, the book will go slowly, chapters being very long and with a lot of content in them.

While romance isn't a big part of the story there will be. This book contains a small harem and a couple of smut scenes.

No lemons unless they are heavily requested. Also, Male x Female.

About Bell. I've seen some stories replacing Bell with MC or make him a side character. That won't happen here. Bell will have a major role in this story. He still has his powers, you will have your own.

Due to Y/N leveling up or increasing his stats everytime he fights, I will make an updated file for Y/N when he does per chapter.

Now comes the controversial part I believe. The leveling system. While I enjoy how it's done in the anime, I believe it's sometimes not very accurate. Per example if we look at Bell, there's many times where he can fight minions that are higher level than him and in huge groups.

This is not a critique, I like the anime and how levels work there but I want to change it to make my own version of it, one that can (or at least, I think it can) be more interesting than the other.

Before I explain the changes I want to say something. All of this will be explained in the actual story. I'm gonna write it considering you don't know this info so don't worry about it. I'm doing this just so you guys can go back and see all the changes to remember them, to understand something you didn't comprehend or just because your curious.

Let's start with the levels:

In order to Level Up in my book, Adventurers need to gain enough Knowledge points. (Like EXP from a videogame) These points are obtainable only to those Adventurers who recieved the Mark of a God/Goddess. (A farmer can't get exp but Y/N and Bell can since they are with Hestia.)

In order to get KP (Knowledge points) adventurers have 3 ways of getting it. The first one is training their stats. Per example: In order to increase their intelligence, adventurers need to read books or learn more about their magic. Or, to increase their Strength adventurers have to do exercise.

The next way is by slaying other living things. By slaying a creature or another adventurer, they obtain KP. The amount they obtain depends on what they killed, their actual level and the level difference between the two.

Lastly, making actions that depends on your stats also gives you KP. Per example, lifting heavy items like boxes filled with items increases your Strength and also gives you KP. Convincing someone increases your Charisma and also gives you KP.

Cool fact Xhira but, how do the levels work?

When an adventurer gains enough Knowledge points, they can level up thanks to their god or goddess who will use KP for that.

All Adventurers begin at level 1. There's not a maximum level they can reach but the Knowledge points they gain by slaying under-leveled creatures will go down until they recieve none. Also, the amount of EXP required to level up will increase so it's gonna get harder and harder to do so.

To give you an example of how much I increased levels, Ais will be Level 35 when the story begins while Bell and Y/N will only be level 1 each.

What about stats?

Instead of increasing the numbers I reduced them. Stats also have huge changes. Let's talk about them.

First there won't be ranks. No more S in strength and then a number. Just numbers.

Stats are tied to your level. That means, a level 35 may have 40 in strength, agility, intelligence... A dude that's level 5 could only have 30 in strength but have a huge penalty on intelligence, per example.

Every level, the god or goddess can increase any stat the Adventurer wishes by 1. This can be performed 10 times per level.

Stats can also be increased by training but requires a lot of time. Fighting with magic increases your Intelligence, peforming healing spells your Charisma, using a bow your Agility and so on.

What are all the stats and what do they do?

Strength: Affects the Adventurer physical strength. The higher the stat, the heavier stuff they can carry and wield. Also, it affects how much damage an Adventurer deals with melee weapons.

Agility: It affects the speed of an Adventurer. The more agility, the quicker you will do any actions. It also increases damage with melee but not as much as Strength. Lastly, it increases damage with Bows, Crossbows and any ranged weapon.

Endurance: Very self-explanatory. The more endurance the more damage an Adevnturer can take before dying. It also increases their stamina.

Intelligence: Intelligence is used by magic users. The more an Adventurer has, the more powerful spells they can cast. It also gives more mana.

Sharpness: Sharpness is used by leaders. The more Sharpness an Adventurer has, the more likely is for them to create plans, lead their group... Sharpness also affects how Adventurers read maps and reacts to their enviroment. The more Sharpness the more difficult is for an enemy to ambush them and so on.

Charisma: Charisma affects the conversations the Adventurer has with intelligent beings. The more charisma the more likely is for them to resist charm effects and to charm others. It also increases the effect of healing spells. Lastly, it provides a boost in mana but only a small one.

Luck: Adventurers that are lucky recieve a bonus on KP gain and loot from the enemies they killed. Also, anything that's "random" will have more chances to work on their favour.

What about abilities and spells?

Abilities and spells are unlocked in three ways: By leveling up, by reading a magic book or by learning them from another Adventurer.

Even then, all of them have requirements in order to be used. Per example, an Adventurer would know how to throw Fireballs even with low intelligence but to summon a Metorite they will need a high Intelligence.

There's also a limit in how many abilities one can learn. The higher the level, the more things you can do.

That would be all. A lot to take in, right? Don't worry like I said, I will explain all of this and more during the story in a better way. I'm putting this over here just so people can remember every change I made.

Without further ado, let's see Y/N's profile!