𝟙.

"It's so... Vivid."

I just marvel at this black 'n' white family, questioning my vision for a second when I first saw them, suspecting if I had gone color-blind, all of a sudden. They looked so... majestic, to say the least. Well, and dead, but mostly majestic.

Especially the elegant lady standing in the middle, behind her kid.

"Oh, Ms. L/N... How wonderful to see you here." The headmistress, Larissa Weems, greets. "With the arrival of not one, but two students, we would surely need twice the help to get them both settled." She then smiles at me, looking at the Addams now.

They all just stood out in their own ways, and it was refreshing to see that.

The first one to enter the room was a short, round man, who looked like a murderer to me, but something told me he was too soft to actually commit that. Next to him stood a young boy, who looked a lot like him, and just stared at us blankly, and nervously.

In front of him stood a girl around my age, as pale, and dead as the rest of them, but her expressions kinda convinced me that she was actually a corpse for a second. Next to her stood the elegant lady I noticed earlier. Does she ever blink?

She just smiles at us softly, letting her eyes get adjusted to the 'vividness' of this room. And finally, my entire attention was captured by the tall, lean guy standing awkwardly in the corner, as if trying to not be associated with his family.

He was quite tall, and his skin paler than that of the others, a small scar on his eyebrow. His hair dark as night, tousled and turned, as if he couldn't be bothered to run a brush through them every once in a while, but for some reason, it really suited him.

His disinterested onyx eyes ignored everything around him, and simply bore into mine, so coldly that it was as if he managed to freeze the time, freeze my heart, and, most importantly... Freeze my soul. 

Ew, hell naw- Quit reading so much Wattpad, Y/N. These MC moments are getting awkward now.

 "Howdy roomie!" Enid trots up to the Addams family, snapping me outta my cheesy thoughts. "Wednesday, Blake, this is Enid Sinclair." Mrs. Weems introduces. "And of course, Y/N L/N." She then turns to me, smiling sweetly. 

"Are you feeling okay?" Enid, clears her throat, changing the topic and asking the new girl. "You look a little... Pale." She finishes. "Wednesday always looks half-dead." Their father answers on her behalf. "Oh..." Enid nods, trying hard not to judge.

"They both do, actually." He then looks at his nonchalant son too, who just rolls his eyes. "But you can always hope to get a reaction out of him." The younger one shrugs, looking up at his brother, who just glared back.

"Welcome to Ophelia Hall!" Enid then exclaims, opening her arms wide and leaning in for a hug, only to get rejected by Wednesday, who took a step back, shooting Enid a glare. "Not a hugger. Got it." Enid makes a note, making me laugh at the complete loser moment she just had.

"Shut up Y/N." She hisses, making me laugh some more. "Please excuse Wednesday." Their mother then spoke up, smiling at us both. "She's uh, allergic to color." She adds. "Oh damn, what happens to you?" I ask.

"I break out into hives and then the flesh peels off my bones." Wednesday answers flatly, staring dead into my eyes. Splendid eye contact, I'll give her that. "I would actually pay to see that." I comment, amazed.

"Oh, there's no need. Just give her pink gum instead of black someday, and she will actually cut her tongue off out of shame." Her brother says in a dead serious tone. "You know I'd probably do that anyway." Wednesday rolls her eyes.

"Luckily we've ordered you a special uniform, so there's absolutely no need of any... self-mutilation." Mrs. Weems chuckles. "Enid, Y/N, please take Wednesday and Blake to the registrar's office to pick it up along with their schedule." Weems instructs.

"And don't forget to give them a tour along the way!" She adds. "And no, Y/N, you may not show them around the woods just yet, especially with all those macabre series of attacks taking place." She quickly says, making me groan.

All those attacks are what makes the experience 10x times better!

Wednesday just turns back towards the door, facing her parents. I don't know what look she shot them exactly, but their wide-grins just seemed to have disappeared all of a sudden. And with that, she walks outta the room, followed by Enid, who was dragging me along.

"Nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us." Enid starts with her signature lame-ass speech. "Outcasts, freaks, monsters. Fill in your favorite marginalized group here." She adds, and as I walked behind them, Blake beside me, observing things.

"Do spare me the sanitized sales pitch." He then scoffs at Enid, even more disinterested than usual. "My sister and I don't plan on staying here for long." He then stops beside the trophy case. "Why not?" Enid and I ask.

"This was our pathetic parents' idea." Wednesday answers, looking around, disgusted. "Oh look, there's mother dearest smirking at us both." Blake then points to the old dusty photograph of the previous fencing team.

"They've been looking for any excuse to send us here." Wednesday adds.

"Correction: Send YOU here." Blake rolls his eyes. "Everyone knows that I'm the favorite twin." He shrugs. "Everyone knows that the deal with twins is that one of them was always unplanned." Wednesday retorts, making me snort a little.

"THIS, however, is all a part of their nefarious plan, yet completely obvious plan." She then shrugs, referring to their move here. "What plan?" Enid asks, perhaps excited to find out more gossip about this family. "To turn us into a version of themselves." Wednesday replies.

"They didn't seem that bad." I mumble. "Because you never lived with them." The boy scoffs. "Seriously, 5 minutes in, and they already can't keep their hands off themselves." He rolls his eyes, looking up to see the shadows of a man and a woman kissing each other.

"I've seen hyenas with more self-control." He remarks, looking away now. "Well, in that case, perhaps you can clear something up." Enid changes the topic uncomfortably, continuing the tour as we all walked to the registrar's office.

"Rumor's been swirling around that you both killed a kid at your old school, and your parents pulled strings to get you two off." Enid blurts, and I elbow her in the gut, raising my brows at her. "Actually, it was two kids." Wednesday corrects.

"But who's counting?"