𝟚𝟛.

"My guess is that Rowan ran away."

Bro just how delusional is she? Rowan fucking died last night, and not just one, but TWO people witnessed the exact same thing! So even if I was hallucinating, I wouldn't have been seeing the same things at Wednesday, even if she was hallucinating.

"State troopers have put out an alert, and I've contacted his family, but they haven't heard from him either." Weems continues, taking her seat. "Dead people are notoriously bad at returning calls." Wednesday states, making me snicker a little.

"What were you both even doing with him out in the woods?" Sheriff asks. "No need to make it sound so sus, sheriff." I scoff. "I heard a noise in the forest, and went in to go and investigate. That's when I stumbled upon the attack, and Y/n had followed me." Wednesday lies.

"Then what happened?" Sheriff asks. "Y/N, who was freaking out, especially after her interaction with this beast, made a run for it, and I followed her as she ran back to the carnival, only to lose her in the crowd. Then, I saw Bianca Barclay, and told her to call for help." Wednesday answers.

"Next thing I remember, I was awaking in my dorm." She finishes. "This true, L/N?" Sheriff raises his brow at me. "Mmhmm, I guess so..." I nod. "Well then why didn't you mention any of that?" He asks. "Because I didn't wanna be painted in such poor light." I scoff.

"Fair enough..." He seemed somewhat convinced. "And just to be clear, this monster wasn't just some bear or a wild animal?" He questions. "I've hibernated with grizzlies. I know the difference." Wednesday replies. "I've always wanted to cuddle with bears." I pout.

"Do you believe any of this?" The sheriff turns to the silent Blake. "I believe my sister, if that's what you mean." He shrugs, a minute later, completely ignoring me. He's been doing that ever since we got off the Ferris, and things were definitely tense between us now.

"Thank you sheriff." Weems stands up, wrapping things up. "I think Ms. Addams, and Ms. L/N are done now." She clears her throat. "Actually, I would like to speak to sheriff Galpin." Wednesday says. "Alone." She looks at Weems. "Y/N can stay." She adds, glancing over at me.

"I'm not sure I can allow that." Weems says. "Well, in that case, I'm sure I could take them to the station to get a formal statement." Sheriff shrugs. "Let's go." He says after a minute of silence, getting up. "Fine." Weems stops us from leaving.

"You have five minutes, and everything is off the record." She permits. "Play nice..." She glares at Wednesday. "Or I will call the mayor." She threatens, and with that, she walks away, and outta the door along with Blake, shutting it behind her, leaving us all alone.

"Someone is trying to cover up Rowan's murder." Wednesday tells the sheriff. "Woah woah woah, what makes you say that?" I ask her. "That's the only reason to scrub the crime scene." She shrugs. "Is that your professional opinion as the daughter of a murderer?" He questions.

"My father's twice the man you are, and the only thing he murders is the occasional opera in the shower." She retorts. "It's been a long night, and I'm tired of your games, Addams." Sheriff rolls his eyes, disinterested. "I'm not playing any games." Wednesday scoffs.

"Trust me, we're telling the truth." I back her up. "It's pretty darn obvious that you wanna reject our claims, but can't, sheriff." I roll my eyes. "And why's that?" He asks, raising his brows. "Because we all know that there's a monster out there." Wednesday completes.

"And Rowan is it's latest victim." I state. With that, we all enter a staring contest, trying to look for reasons to not trust each other, but not finding any. But before anyone could say or do anything, someone barged into the room, looking for the sheriff. It was one of the cops.

"Sheriff." She calls. "What?" He breaks the eye contact, looking over at her. "You're gonna want to see this." She grins, opening the door to reveal a normal, healthy looking... No, it can't be- No. He died yesterday right in front of me... Impossible.

Rowan?!

Smiling weakly, the boy coyly stepped into the room, waving at us in a friendly manner. "What the hell?" I mumble to myself, narrowing my eyes at the doppelganger. "Unbelievable. I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time of the bizarre claims of two stoned teenagers." The sheriff scoffs, storming away.

But before anyone could stop him, he had already disappeared, leaving only the deputy in the room, along with Rowan. Rolling her eyes at us, she too left with the boy, leaving Wednesday and I alone, only for Weems to enter. "Therapy. Now." She simply commands.

Ignoring her, Wednesday rushed up to her brother, who only stood by the door, leaving against it, arms crossed. "You can do it, Grim. You can prove to them that we're right." She says, the desperation evident in her voice now.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." The boy simply replies, looking around, wide-eyed. "Please, Blake. You have to do it, please just do it!" She requests, and the boy just shuffles around uncomfortably. "Do what?" I approach the two, walking outta the office.

"He can summon--" She starts, only to be cut off by her brother. "NO, I can't." He interrupts, annoyed. "As much I believe you two right now, I just can't." He scoffs, walking away, hands in his pocket, eyes averted. "Grim, this is no time to succumb to your fears!" Wednesday snaps.

"Once again, I have no idea what you're talking about..."