𝟜.

"You saw the body?!"

I just nod, not that disturbed after seeing the macabre sight, for my nightmares were a lot worse. "You mean like the dead body?" She asks again, totally freaking out. "Nah man, I wasted 2 hours of my precious Sunday, AND missed dinner, just to go sightseeing in the woods for a random body of water." I roll my eyes.

"Yes, dumbass- A dead body!" I exclaim. "Why don't people get that?" I wonder to myself, very hangry right now. "Where was it?" Enid asks, rolling her eyes, getting her phone out to order take out, since she knew how extremely irritable I could get.

"In the middle of the woods." I answer. "Bear-attack?" She guesses. "Nah, it was too savage to be done by a cute, cuddly bear." I say. "Besides, Blake says it doesn't match their hibernation schedule." I add. "Don't even wanna know how he knows that." I mumble.

"Blake?" She looks at me, confused. "You mean Wednesday's twin?" She repeats, and I just nod. "Wait a minute... If they already found the body, and multiple bodies before that, why haven't they just tracked down the beast already?" She then wonders aloud.

"Oh yeah, about that..." I start. "They only found some parts of it." I try to hold in my smile.

Okay, I know this isn't anything to get so excited about, but c'mon! It isn't every day you witness such brutal murders while taking a casual stroll in the woods, and live to tell the tale! Unless you're the murderer who committed the crime in the first place, of course.

Sorry, I'm just obsessed with morbid shit.

"Parts as in PLURAL?" Enid asks, eyes widened, looking like she was gonna pass outta fear any moment now. "Well, I couldn't get a clear look of his head since the cops had gotten there before I did." I start. "But his arm and torso were a few meters to my left." I recall.

"There was also a broken leg by the lake, leading me to believe that the other one had probably fallen into the lake, as it was nowhere to be found." I continue. "The second arm was stuck on a tree, under which I was hiding." I add, grossed out.

"And as for the rest of the parts..." I think about it a little. "Welp, they were unaccounted for." I shrug. "Oh my god- I think I'm gonna be..." She sways around a little, losing her balance. "DON'T pass out yet!" I hold her still, knowing that I needed her for pizza.

"Oh dear, let's get you to your room." I sigh, holding her up and walking to Ophelia Hall.

On our way there, Enid ordered me some pizza, since I was too scared to. She always makes fun of me for that, but I think it is completely rational to be nervous before, or while ordering food for the first time. 

"By the way, what were you even doing with Blake in the woods?" Enid then asks as we were almost there. "Well, I just happened to bump into him, actually." I answer. "And what was he doing there?" She asks, finding it all very sketchy.

"He was tryna escape, Enid." I sigh, realizing what it was that she was thinking about right now. "Besides, the attacks have been going on for quite some time now, so there's no way he could've possibly been behind it." I scoff. "I guess you have a point..." Enid sighs.

"I just hope Ajax's safe with that killer around." She frowns. "Ajax can just stone the guy, should things go wrong. What about you though?" I raise my brow at my timid friend. Before we could continue our discussion, we barged into her dorm.

"What the hell did you do to my room?" Enid's face drops the moment we enter her room. She stormed up to Wednesday, clearly not happy to see the changes she had made, as she peeled some of Enid's colors off.

"Dividing OUR room equally." Wednesday simply replies, getting up and walking up to us.

"Looks like a rainbow vomited on your side." She tells Enid, walking up to her desk now and taking a seat by the typewriter. "I--" Enid was about to say something, but Wednesday cut her off. "Silence would be appreciated." She says.

"This is my writing time." She adds, beginning to type something on her typewriter now. "Your writing time?" I question. "I devote an hour a day to my novel." She answers. "Perhaps if your friend did the same, her blog might be coherent." She adds. "Roasted." I chuckle.

"I've read serial killer diaries with better punctuation." She further criticizes, making me snort a little. "She just writes in her voice man." I try to diffuse the tension. "And that's what my followers all love so much about my work." Enid defends.

"It's my truth!" Enid adds. "Well you and your followers are clearly imbeciles." Wednesday turns to us now, and walks towards us. "They respond to your stories with insipid little pictures." She adds. "You mean emojis?" I ask, a little confused, recalling that her brother mentioned something about similar images on 'hate club' page.

"Ohh, it's how people express their feelings." I inform. "Which, I realize, is clearly a foreign concept to you." A very furious Enid chimes in. "When I look at you, the following emojis come to mind." She turns to Enid. "Rope, shovel, hole."

"Ooo what about me?" I ask, kinda excited. "Grenade launcher." Wednesday replies flatly, returning back to her seat. "Ouch." I put my hand on my chest, faking a hurt expression, chuckling softly. "By the way, there's two D's in Addams." She then informs.

"If you're gonna gossip about me and my brother, at least spell the name correctly." She finishes, going back to typing now. Welp, that was some first impression... Oh well, everyone knows that first impressions are often wrong.

Enid, who was sulking in the corner now, just decided to play some random song, and began dancing to it to calm herself down a little, and clear her head. "Turn that off." Wednesday turns back to us, wide eyes and everything.

She clearly wasn't a fan of Y/F/A (Your Favorite Artist).

"This is your final warning." Wednesday threatens, walking up to us, but that's when Enid rawred and got her perfectly manicured claws out. "Don't mess with me." She warns. "This kitty's got claws and she is NOT afraid to use them." She seethes, making me cringe in the corner.

As much as I love Enid, this comeback is really making me reconsider our friendship...