𝟚𝟚.

"Rowan--"

Waking up with a start, panting heavily, exhausted after the bizarre dream I just had, I clutched my ribs in pain, groaning softly, only to realize that I wasn't wearing anything. Shooting outta bed, the blanket falling to the ground, I stared at my naked body in the mirror facing me.

Covered with blood that was now completely dry and sticking to my skin, I was startled by the banging on my door. Thinking it was Weems, I quickly grabbed my blanket and covered myself with it, slowly opening the door, only my head peeping out the door.

"I'm telling you, she was there with me!" I hear Wednesday tell her brother, and I instantly froze. "Y/N, we have to go, now." She now turns to me. "H-hi, what?" I ask, confused, my head hurting a little. "The Sheriff's on his way here." She informs. "They wanna interrogate us." She adds.

"I'm naked-" I answer bluntly, completely forgetting about the boy's presence. "Didn't realize you were a nudist." She comments, and Thing just slaps Blake, and they both turn around, as if I was actually standing in front of them now.

"Like I said, shy." Wednesday sighs, reminding me.

"Go get dressed quick. The Sheriff will be here in 5." She commands. "We'll be waiting out here for you." She shuts my door on her own face now, waiting outside patiently. A little surprised by their visit, and still a little rattled by that hyper realistic I had, I quickly snapped myself out of it.

As it turns, a cold shower was all I needed to get everything outta my mind, because now I was too busy cursing the temperature of water, forgetting all about the horrifying events of last night. The strange cuts and bruises all over my body convinced me that it was all real.

However it's the last part I wasn't too sure about.

The one where the monster appeared, and the one in which I was engulfed by the familiar darkness. I get dreams about it all the time, but nothing happens to me. I always view things from the perspective of that shadow, not my own.

Maybe that's why I'm never the one dying in my dreams.

Whatever it is, the last part has no logic to it whatsoever. If there really was a killer fog roaming across Nevermore's cursed grounds, someone would've seen it. And the fact that I'm still alive, after knowing damn well what that thing could be capable of...

It just proves that it isn't real, and that I was probably hallucinating. That still doesn't explain the blood though. Why is it only when I see someone die in my dreams, that I wake up like this? Is it all just some prank? Because if so, then it's just straight up creepy.

But I'm pretty sure if someone strips me, I'd notice. I'm not that heavy a sleeper, after all.

After I was done cleaning up, I cleaned the bloody floor of my shower as well, which took an additional 5 minutes, but I was somewhat used to it by now. After everything was done, I quickly dried my hair, and put on something casual and comfortable, as it was a Sunday, so no uniform.

Grabbing an apple, I put on some sneakers and got outta my room. But instead of the twins waiting for me, I was greeted by their pet Hand instead. "Sup." I greet my friend, who simply waves back. "Where are the others?" I ask him, and he just leads me down the hallway.

"I'm not sure how much of it was real, Thing, but all I know is Rowan's dead." I sigh, explaining the situation to him as we made our way to the Sheriff, who was having quite a heated discussion with Wednesday, Weems and her brother standing behind, arms crossed.

"Ayo sheriff!" I call the sheriff. "On a scale from 1-10, how badly mauled was Rowan's body?" I ask insensitively. "He missed it." Wednesday says, rather disappointed. "What do you mean he missed it? How could he miss a dead body?" I scoff.

"Cuz it wasn't there." Sheriff shrugs, walking past me. "No footprints, no blood, no sign of struggle... Nothing. Nada." He adds. "My search party looked all night." He sighs, walking away, followed by the others as they made their way to Weems' office.

"Gah- Sheriff!" I ran up the stairs to join Wednesday and the others. "Why is your search party so useless?" I ask him bluntly. "Did they leave their seeing-eye dogs at home or something?" I question. "Addams said the same thing..." Sheriff mutters to himself.

"We saw that monster kill Rowan right in front of us!" Wednesday says. "Infact, he also almost attacked Y/N!" She adds. "Me? When?" I give her a perplexed expression. "When it came super close to you before dissolving in that think black smoke, remember?" She reminds.

"Black smoke?" I repeat, remembering how petrifying it was, and how unrealistic it felt. "Do you not remember?" She raises her brow at me. "You disappeared right after the attack." She states. "I did?" I ask, hella confused, not remembering any of it.

"I guess, you were nowhere to be seen." She shrugs, scanning me suspiciously. Her brother only looked at me up and down, eyebrows furrowed as he bit his lower lip, deep in thought. "How do you not remember?!" She asks, frustrated. "I don't know- I was probably stoned!" I lie.

"That's... interesting." The skeptical sheriff comments.

"Get a good look of this monster thing?" He asks. "It didn't stick around for a chat." Wednesday shrugs. "Actually, I did." I mumble. "Oh did you now?" Sheriff asks. "Pray tell." He seemed pretty attentive. "Well, it was dark, so not that clear..." I try to remember every single detail.

"It was about 10 foot tall, had 12 inch long claws, 5 in number, a huge yoga-ball sized head, and tennis balls for eyes." I describe, visualizing the disgusting beast, who all of a sudden, did not seem that disgusting. "Have you seen the zombie from Plants vs. Zombies?" I then ask.

"Maybe it was one of your classmates." Sheriff concludes, ignoring my question.

"Sheriff, I find that question very offensive." Weems butts in, blocking our path. "I don't care, I've got three other dead bodies in the morgue!" He scoffs. "Hikers just ripped apart in the woods." He began stating. "The mayor said those were bear attacks." Weems scoffs.

"Well, the mayor and I disagree on that." Sheriff says.

"So you automatically assume that a Nevermore student is the murderer, even though there is no evidence that a crime was even committed?" Weems raises her brows. "I'm sorry. I forgot you teach only the good outcasts here." He rolls his eyes.

"Let's just go in and talk, shall we?"