𝟙𝟠.

"Jeez, you get any better at this, and you'll be taking home a whole pack."

Startled by Xavier, who was lurking around, approaches us, referring to the pandas, I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the boy, knowing how obsessed he was with this Addams twin, ever since she arrived here.

"Pandas don't travel in packs. They prefer solitude." Blake retorts, popping the final balloon. "Alright, subtle hint taken." Xavier laughs mirthlessly. "I'm surprised how you're not going for someone's head with those darts yet, Grim." He then taunts.

I don't know what the deal was, but that comment really seemed to have upset the boy, who was ready to knock the lights out of the artist any moment now. "You son of a--" He starts, only to be stopped by Wednesday. "Grim, drop it." She simply says.

"The last thing we need is more attention." She reminds, and a few breaths later, the boy regains his composure. "What was that all about?" I whisper to the boy, softly touching his hand. Startled a little, he turns instantly to me, only to calm down again.

His hand was cold as ice, and were shaking uncontrollably.

Despite him seeming pretty cool on the surface, his hands indicated that he was anything but. Unless it was pretty normal for him, due to the coldness of his body temperature. Whatever it was, I didn't give much thought to it.

"You should know, we're waiting for someone." Wednesday informs, and I admired the structure of the darts.

"Oh yeah?" Xavier raises his brow. "Who's the lucky guy?" He asks. "Or girl..." He adds. "What does it matter to you?" Wednesday questions, turning to him, and that's when I shot the dart, accidently hitting the stall person's ass.

"WHO THE FUCK DID THAT?!" He yells, angrily turning around. I tried to run, but happened to bump into Blake, who was standing right behind me, and we both fell down, me on top of him as his hands naturally rested on my waist, holding me up.

Luckily I wasn't caught, but everyone around who witnessed this were roaring with laughter. "You certainly are a magnet for trouble." Blake comments, eyes widened for the first time as I felt my heart race, heat rushing up to my face.

Clearing his throat, he quickly got up, helping me up effortlessly.

I dusted myself, and we both just stared at each other awkwardly, hands crossed. Fortunately, our attention was now caught by Wednesday, who appeared to be having a heated discussion with Xavier. "Didn't mean to interrupt..." Tyler mutters, when discovered by the two.

"You're not." Xavier snaps, storming away.

"What was that all about?" I ask Wednesday. "No clue." She brushes it off, and looks over at Tyler. "Alright, so... This is gonna be a lot trickier than I thought." He starts. "My dad hit me with a curfew, so we're gonna have to go now if I'm to make it back in time." He informs.

"We've got some dead weight we need to lose first..." Blake mumble, glancing at Weems' reflection formed on the mirror behind us. And she was staring right at us. "6 o'clock." I tell Tyler, who was wondering what the boy meant.

"Oh... Your headmistress." He notices. "Meet me behind the parking lot when the fireworks starts." Wednesday says. "But that's in 15 minutes." I say, checking my phone. "Just enough time to get rid of her." She responds, referring to Weems, walking away.

"Um, excuse me, you see that sad, lonely woman over there?" Blake then speaks to the guy who handed us a panda. The man instantly looked over at Weems, who was stuffing her face with a big, juicy burger. "Mmhmm." The man nods, somewhat puzzled.

"She needs this pathetic validation more than I do." Blake refers to the panda, still looking at the blonde. "Would you mind distracting her?" He requests, handing him his hard-earned 20 dollars from earlier. The man just chuckles softly, accepting the offer.

Blake swiftly pulls me into a corner, the moment Weems averted her gaze. "Now, we've got 15 minutes together, L/N." He tells me, face merely inches away. "What would you like to do?" He asks, a soft smirk on his face as he looked around the entire fair.

"I don't know about you, but that Ferris has been screaming my name ever since we got here!"