𝟙𝟝.

"Dude, not gonna lie, but this music is so much better than Y/F/A's"

Elbowed lightly in the gut by a very unstable Enid, I just chuckle softly, knowing how much she loved the Artist's music. "Relax, relax. I'm just playing along." I smile. "Besides, everyone knows that the best song to even be created was Da Kokonut Song." I add.

"Y/N, you do realize that Bianca only shared that song with you to tease you for receiving a coconut, right?" Enid raises her brows at me. "She's just jealous of Corazon's eyes." I roll my eyes. "Uh..." Enid just looks at me, puzzled. 

"He's got three of them, in case you were wondering." I answer, and before she could reply, we had reached Ophelia Hall. Once we entered the room, we were reminded by the dark, gloomy presence of the second Addams twin, who in fact, was nowhere in sight.

"Let's go get some fresh air." Enid suggests, and I just nod, following her into her balcony, only to find out that Wednesday was there, playing the cello. "How the hell did you manage to get that oversized violin out the window?" Enid asks Wednesday, making our presence known.

"It's called a cello." I correct her, but she didn't seem to care at all. "I had an extra hand." Wednesday answers her question, looking straight ahead at a stitched up hand, that was now waving at us. Irrespective of how weirded out I was with this, I waved back.

"Woah, that is so cool." I adored the hand. "Where's the rest of him?" Enid asks, disgusted. "It's one of the great Addams family mysteries." She answers. "Ever got close to solving it?" I ask her, watching the hand walk away on its fingers. "Never had any interest." She replies.

"Why aren't you wolfing out?" She then notices Enid sulking in the corner. "Because I can't." Enid answers honestly. "These are all I got." She shows Wednesday her claws, walking towards the edge, staring at the bright, full moon.

"My mom says some wolves are late bloomers, but I've been to the best Lycanologist." She sighs. "I had to fly all the way to Milwaukee, would you believe it?" She scoffs. Wednesday places down her violin and walks up to us.

"And yet, she says there's a chance that I might never... You know." She adds.

I just stand next to Enid, my arm around her shoulder as I stood there in silence, comforting her with my presence rather than with my words. "What happens then?" Wednesday asks. "I'd become a lone wolf." She answers.

"Woah, talk about a sigma female!" I joke, snorting a little at how cringey I found that word to be in the first place. As for those quirky 'attitude' quotes all the pick-me guys love following... Well, let's not even get there.

"Sounds perfect." Wednesday remarks. "Are you kidding? My life would officially be over." Enid scoffs. "How so?" I ask Enid. "I'd be kicked outta the family pack with no prospect of ever finding a mate." She sighs. "I'm failing to see the problem here." Wednesday comments.

"I could die alone!" Enid began tearing up. "We all die alone, Enid." Wednesday informs. "You really suck at this." She glares at Wednesday. "Cheering people up." She elaborates. "And so do you." She glares at me.

I just look at her, confused, thinking that I was doing a pretty good job earlier by showing her all those photos of Corazon, and those hilarious cat memes that get me through the day. Enid began crying again, and so I hug her cuz I don't know what else to say or do.

Dis awkward.

Maybe I should just let her let it all out. "Why are you crying?" Wednesday asks Enid, confused. "Because I'm upset!" Enid exclaims. "And why are you hugging her?" She then asks me. "Because she's upset?" I shrug, not leaving Enid. Wednesday just nods, not at all relating to us. 

"Haven't you ever cried before? Or are you above that too?" Enid questions. All went quiet. Wednesday just looked down, as if trying to recall something, considering whether to say it or not. "...It was the week after Halloween." She then starts a minute later.

"I was 6 years old..." She narrates. Wait, so she hasn't cried since she was six? Damn, that's impressive. That's like 10 years. The  max I haven't cried for is like 10 hours (jk... Or maybe not.) "I took my pet scorpion, Nero, out for his afternoon stroll, and we were ambushed." She continues.

"They all wondered what kind of a freak would have a scorpion for a pet." She mumbles. "And that was the only day my brothers did not accompany me. Especially Blake, because he was too busy conducting an open heart surgery on our uncle when he was sleeping." She rolls her eyes.

"Two of them- the ones who had attacked us, held me down and made me watch..." She paused for a brief second. "While the others ran Nero over until..." She stops again. This time, she remained silent for a little over a minute, before finally taking in a deep breath, and resuming her story.

"It was snowing when I buried what was left of him." She sighs.

"I cried my little black heart out." She states. "But tears don't fix anything. So I vowed to never do it again." She finishes, and the wolves were still out there, howling. "Besides, it's not like I don't see him around anymore." She then adds, looking up at the moon.

"Grim summons Nero twice a year for me." She says. "Once on his birthday, and once on his death day." She shrugs. "Uh, your brother summons your dead pet?" I ask, not meaning to sound rude or anything. "His ghost." She answers, shutting up instantly.

Before I could ask any more questions, Enid assured Wednesday that her secret was safe with us, and also prevented me from asking further questions, sensing the discomfort in Wednesday's voice after she mentioned her brother.

"Your secret's safe with me."