𝟙𝟙.

"I need a tri-wing screwdriver and a four millimeter Allen wrench."

I just take a bite of one of my delicious sandwiches, watching the twins help the coffee guy out. Maybe they really weren't as selfish and coldhearted as they showed. "Here's the deal. I'm gonna fix your coffee machine, and you're gonna make my sister's coffee and call a taxi." Blake then commands.

What do they want a taxi for?

Weems is still waiting out there cuz she thinks Wednesday's busy venting and crying her little black heart out. "Uhm, no taxis in Jericho." The boy informs Wednesday, handing her the tools, which she handed to her brother, reading something from the instructions manual.

"Try Uber?" He then suggests. "We don't have a phone." She says. "I refuse to be a slave to technology, and well, my brother just threw his away after receiving the frightening image of this naked girl back at home." She scoffs. "He's shy." She then adds, making me  burst out laughing.

"It's called being respectful of people, even if they have no self-respect." He simply defends.

"Well, where are you guys going anyway?" The coffee guy then asks us. "I dunno. Where are we off to?" I ask Wednesday. "That's on a need-to-know basis." She replies. "And you're not coming." She rolls her eyes. "What? Why not? I thought we were bonding." I tell her.

"What about trains?" She asks the guy, ignoring me. "Nearest station is Burlington. It's half an hour away." The boy replies. "You have a valve issue. I've seen it before." Wednesday figures out what's wrong with the espresso machine.

"Where?" The guy asks, taking a better look, leaning over me.

"You have one of these monsters at home?" He questions. "Steam-powered guillotine." Wednesday replies. "I built it when I was 10." She brags. The guy and I just look at each other with widened-eyes, and then back at Wednesday.

"What? I just wanted to decapitate my dolls more efficiently." She shrugs. "Sure... Grim Reaper and Death Barbie. Makes perfect sense." He mumbles, looking away, clearly disturbed by this piece of information. The steam soon subsided, and the machine had been fixed.

"Wow... Thanks." He smiles. "Much more resourceful than that axe." He sighs, making me roll my eyes. "Never met a Nevermore kid who got their hands dirty." He mumbles, sealing the machine. "I never quite caught your name." I turn to the guy.

"Oh, sorry, I'm Tyler." He introduces, extending his hand. "Y/N..." I smile, shaking it. "How about you two?" He turns to the Addams. "Or is that on a need-to-know basis too?" He asks. She glances at him up and down, before finally replying, "Wednesday."

"And this is my brother, Blake." She adds, pointing to the zoned out guy who was just slowly sipping on his dark, bitter coffee, staring off into space. "Tell you what, Wednesday, to show my appreciation, how about I drive you guys to Burlington?" Tyler offers.

"Perfect. Put that quad in a to-go cup." Wednesday says, walking away. "Oh but I don't get off for another hour." He stops her. "I'll sweeten the pot." She says, holding up some cash. "Twenty whole dollars..." Tyler observes.

"Tempting, but no." He declines, getting back to making that quad. "I'll make it forty." Wednesday says, holding up some more money. "Uhh, listen Wednesday, one fun fact about me is that I can't be bought." Tyler starts.

"So either wait, or just find someone else to drive you." He shrugs. "Humph." Wednesday looks at him up and down again, before leaving, probably looking for a vacant seat. "Can I have the money?" I hear Blake say as he followed his sister.

"Oh, here's your order, by the way. Sorry for the delay." Tyler sighs, quickly handing me over my coffee. "That's alright, and thanks." I smile at the guy, walking over to the Addams twins, and joining them.

"So, why are we headed to Burlington?" I question, taking the seat in front of them. "Not 'WE'. Us." She corrects dryly. "Oh c'mon... I wanna have some fun too!" I whine. "What we're about to do is the complete opposite of what you would define as 'fun'." Blake shrugs.

"Oh yeah? Do tell." I raise my brows at the two. "If you should know, I'm about to attempt a very risky escape mission." She says. "Sounds like my definition of fun." I nod. "You might get a limb or two ripped off." She continues.

"Not unless I rip someone else's limb out first." I shrug, and the boy leans in a bit, somewhat impressed, somewhat interested. "So, Y/N, tell me--" He was about to ask me something, only to get cut off by someone entering the café.

"Heyy boys, check this out..." Some random guy, followed by three other dudes, approaches us menacingly. "If it isn't traitor L/N." Lucan Walker points directly to me, as I sunk into my seat awkwardly, ignoring the random glances some people walking outta the café cast at me.

"What are you three Nevermore freak doing out here in the wild?"