𝟟.

"Oh, you must be the new psychopaths they let in."

Bianca's narrow eyes scan the bodies of both the nonchalant twins, who were rather flattered by the nervous glances that were being cast at them both as people whispered to one another about the recent rumors that had surfaced.

"Didn't realize corpses could actually be good looking though." She then winks at the dead-looking, Blake. "Well, I can assure you that yours won't." He rolls his eyes, dragging me along with him to a vacant spot, cuz who wouldn't wanna pick fights with someone not their own size?

"You must be the self-appointed queen-bee." I hear Wednesday acknowledge. "Interesting fact about bees: Pull out their stingers and they drop dead." She adds flatly, impressing us all. That indeed was pretty badass.

I swear if I don't get knocked up by one of the twins by the end of the semester, my life will lose all it's purpose.

"Rowan doesn't need you to come to his defense." Bianca then says. "He's not helpless, he's lazy." She adds. "So are we doing this or not?" Wednesday questions before Bianca could say anything else. "Hmm." Bianca simply nods, rage flashing in her cold eyes.

"Now this is a fight I'd love to watch." I grin at Blake, getting excited to watch them fence as they get into their respective positions. "Yeah, unfortunately, we still have another 24 minutes left to train." He just smiles at me sweetly, tossing me my headgear.

"Awh man, today was just getting fun." I whine silently. "Can't we just watch like, one match before fencing?" I request. "Tell you what? You beat me this time, and I'll actually let you do whatever you want, during all the fencing classes this semester." He says.

"Oh, so you're planning to team up permanently now, are you?" I raise my brow at him. "You did seem alone, so yes." He shrugs. "Only cuz Ajax thought I wasn't showing up." I scoff, glancing at him. "Actually, he was planning to ask you to switch with your friend instead." He says.

"The hyperactive blonde one." He elaborates. "Oh, Enid." I nod to myself, smirking to myself. "The number of times he said that name..." Blake sighs. "I'm surprised how it isn't imprinted of his tongue yet." He comments, making me snicker a little.

"You fence as good as you retort?" I then ask him, getting into position.

"Why don't you find out for yourself?" He smirks, putting on his headgear without covering his face yet, he replicating my position. "Shouldn't be that difficult considering that I've done it about a million times before." I scoff, amused by his confidence.

"I hope you don't expect me to go easy on you like all those before me, princess." He rolls his eyes at me. "Call me that again, and I WILL slice that pretty mouth of yours." I threaten. "Don't even get me started on how much I'd love to ruin that pretty face of yours." He speaks in a low, husky voice.

"Just not in the way you'd like." He smirks, sending shivers down my spine.

Dressed in all black, his pale skin had a slight glow to it, his void eyes narrowed into a challenging gaze as he stared back into my fiery Y/E/C ones. Wearing his headgear, his face had disappeared, as he fixed his position again. I did the same, a little nervous.

"En garde..." He then clears his throat.

And within a minute, we were both at each other. It wasn't like any other match I've ever had with anyone. I was used to playing with defensive people like Ajax, and Xavier, but this guy was nothing like them. He was straight up aggressive!

And the worst part about it was that it seemed as if he wasn't even trying-

He swiped at my legs, but I just dodged it by jumping. I then tried to go his chest, but instantly retreated when I almost got attacked. We danced around the room for a solid 8 minutes, before all the people that had gathered around Wednesday and Bianca, now transferred here.

We were but engulfed by the large crowd surrounding us, as they stared at us with amazement and zeal. I didn't really find out the outcome of Bianca's and Wednesday's battle, but at this point, I didn't really care. The only thing that mattered to me was winning.

Especially when I had a comparatively fairer fight against Blake, considering that he probably wasn't blessed with superhuman strength and speed unlike most of the supernaturals here. All he had was his own strength, which was clearly a lot, and his brain.

"Holy shit- You're good, L/N." He took his helmet off to catch some breath as he raised his hands up in the air defensively, after I managed to tackle his sword away from him with my own, catching it. I inched closer and closer towards him.

The tip of my sword was almost touching his chest now, nearly marking the end of our match, but right before I could end this battle by 'touché-ing' him, he swiftly, and unexpectedly kicked my hand, making the sword fly up, and away from me.

I jumped up to catch it, but Blake was a lot quicker, for he stuck his hand up in the air, and caught it, tripping me with his leg, making me fall back to the ground, my helmet flying away. The next thing I knew was the tip of his sword touching my neck, as he looked down at me, his lips curled up in a cocky smirk as he rubbed the defeat onto my face.

"Just not good enough."