𝟠.

"...Is she dead?"

I just blankly stare at Wednesday, who seemed rather peaceful in her never-ending slumber. "She sure looks dead." Xavier mumbles, staring at her too. "Which probably means that she's still alive, unfortunately." Blake sighs.

We had all gathered around here for quite some time, ever since we heard the news of a random gargoyle falling her or something. It's a miracle how she isn't all squashed up to pulp. "Who did this to her?" Blake then asks gruffly. "Uh oh, you gonna kill them or something?" Xavier asks.

"Aww, is someone feeling a little protective?" I tease him a little, knowing how very insulting it would be for him. "I just wanna know why they failed to get the job done." He replies flatly. Welp, that's concerning- But uh, I'm still gonna hope that he's joking. For the sake of my sanity.

And just then, before anyone could say anything, Wednesday sat up erectly on her bed, which was next to the chair I was sitting on, Xavier and Blake on the other side, facing her.  "Welcome back." Xavier greets Wednesday. "Just take it easy..." He then says.

"The nurse said you don't have a concussion, but you probably have a nasty bump." He tells her. "You had one chance to escape the horrors of this vapid world." Blake starts. "You failed." He reminds, as they both let out a disappointed sigh.

Well, that sure was some way to welcome someone back-

"The last thing I remember is that I was walking outside, feeling a mixture of rage, pity and self-disgust." She describes. "I never felt that way before." She thinks to herself. "Losing to Bianca has that effect on people, I think." Xavier chuckles softly to himself.

"I think Bianca in general has that effect on people." I scoff. "I concur." Blake nods. "Then I looked up and saw that gargoyle coming down, and I thought--" She continued. "I thought at least I'll have an imaginative death." She quotes.

"Then you tackled me outta the way." She looks up at Xavier. "Why?" She then questions. "Call it instinct." Xavier shrugs. "So you were guided by latent chivalry, the tool of the patriarchy, to attract my undying gratitude?" She raises her brow, making me snort.

"Mmhmm. You know, most people just say thank you." Xavier nods uncomfortably. "I didn't wanna be rescued." Wednesday states. "Emo-alert!" I exclaim, chuckling softly. "Man, you gotta love them." I finish, shutting up after receiving weird stares from them both.

"So you're saying that I should've just let that thing smash you to mush?" Xavier questions. "Why, would you rather smash her yourself?" I raise my brow at him, but he just gives me a very deadly glare. I should for real just shut up now...

"I would have rather saved myself." Wednesday resumes the conversation, unfazed, ignoring my comments. Oh well, a wise choice I guess. "Good to see you haven't changed." Xavier scoffs, and she just gives him a perplexed look, without really letting her dead expression change.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, let's just say I returned the favor." Xavier shrugs. What favor? Wait, did they know each other? I guess not considering that Wednesday seemed almost as clueless as I was. "Xavier Thorpe?" Xavier reminds, raising his brows.

"You probably don't remember me." He sighs a few seconds later after earning no reaction from Wednesday. "Last time we met I was about two-feet shorter, which was still a little taller than Y/N here, and 40 pounds heavier." He describes. 

"Hey, just because you're a tall dude doesn't mean that I'm short." I scoff, and he just raises his brows at me, looking at me up and down, joined by an amused Blake. "FINE, I may not be the tallest girl here, but I'm NOT short." I defend.

"Besides, all good things come in small packages, right?" I then shrug. "I bet that just made your day, ain't that right, Thorpe?" Thanos raises his brows at Xavier, eying his... 'length🤡' or should I say, his 'member😩'?

Oh fuck it Y/N, you're reading way too much Shrek smut😔

"What happened?" Wednesday then asks, changing the topic before her brother could go a little further. "Puberty, I guess." Xavier shrugs, somewhat proud. "If that's the aftermath of that wretched biological process, then I presume it's safe to conclude that puberty sure did you dirty, man." Blake admits. "You should sue." He adds, earning a deadly glare from Xavier, and a semi-amused one from me. That sure felt personal.

"I meant what happened the last time we met." Wednesday scoffs, changing the topic, rolling her dead onyx eyes at her brother, unamused.  "Oh... Uh, well, yeah it was my godmother's funeral." Xavier starts, ignoring the vindictive stares from the Addams brother.

"She was friends with your grandmother, and they spent their twenties in Europe, swindling the rich and notorious." He says, and a look of familiarity with this story was seen in Blake's otherwise empty eyes. Okay, but why do those women sound like Enid and I in our 20s?

"And I don't know, we were 10, and bored, so we decided to play hide 'n' seek." He resumes the story. "And I had the inspired idea to hide in her casket." He smiles, thinking about it. Sounded like something Xavier would do.

"I don't know is someone locked me in, or if I got stuck in there, but the next thing I recalled was being headed straight to the crematorium." He laughs. "I had heard muffled screams." Wednesday's eyes widened as she too remembered this moment.

"I just figured your godmother had cheated death and was trying to claw her way out." Wednesday says, making me laugh a little. "Either way, you shot the big red stop button, and saved me from being flame-broiled, so..." Xavier finishes.

"Now we're even." He smirks.

"She would've preferred death." Blake yawns, bored. "Guess some things just never change, now do they, Grim?" Xavier scoffs. "Apparently not. Just like your--" He retorts, but was stopped by Wednesday, who was tired too of hearing all those dick disses.

"You're still not gonna let that go, are you?" Xavier then sighs, referring to something that must've happened between the two in the past. "Of course not." Blake scoffs. "You know, you not being frame-broiled is probably one of my biggest regrets." He seethes.

"You were there that day?" Xavier raises his brow. "Who do you think locked you in?" He simply scoffs with a half-content smirk. "That was you?!" Xavier and Wednesday both exclaim in unison, jaws dropped to the floor. Woah, plot twist.

"This shit's more interesting than the plot of Dhar Mann's anti-bullying videos!"