𝟙𝟜.

"My life is a fart."

Lying flat on my stomach on the rock solid bed, my face buried into a dark pillow, I couldn't help but reconsider all my life choices. "It's just two more paragraphs, Y/N. And then we're done for the day..." Ajax, my botany tutor, sighs.

"Oh trust me, those two paragraphs are cursed." I groan without moving, tired of studying so much for something I would never even use in my life. Like seriously, why would anyone examine random ass flowers on the road, trying to guess what their survival rates in unfavorable heat would be like?

Not me.

The only important plants to be wary of are probably the poisonous ones, and roses. Poisonous ones so that you know which flower to gift the people you don't like on Valentines day, and roses because I'm bored of seeing people pick them all the time.

"They're the concluding paragraphs-" Ajax scoffs. "There's not much to learn from them." He adds, but I don't respond, wanting to just pass out and enter a deep, peaceful slumber I would never wake up from. But I suppose that's the wishful thinking at this point.

"What's her deal?" I hear a deeper voice enter the room, but it was still pretty faint to me, considering that my mind was drifting somewhere entirely different. Unfortunately, my inner peace lasted for only a few minutes, interrupted by the howling of the Furs.

Oh lord, I completely forgot about Enid...

Yet another moon, and she still hasn't wolfed out. Not even showing any signs of it yet, apart from her perfectly manicured claws. I know exactly what she must be going through now. I must find her before she has yet another breakdown.

"Eek-" I let out a shriek when I turned out to get outta the coffin one may call a bed, only to be greeted by the dead face of the sullen corpse this 'coffin' belonged to. Oh my goodness- I totally forgot about the twins' existence too!

"Invade my space one more time, and you just might not live to tell the tale." He stares at me, face devoid of any expression. "Whatever. You needed better mattresses anyway." I roll my eyes at the dude, pretending to not be affected by his sinister threat.

"You're supposed to open the casket-" He explains, opening the top lit, revealing the beautiful, velvet coating inside. "Holy shit- you actually sleep in a coffin!" My eyes widen at the hauntingly beautiful sight. "Yes, and it is completely customizable too." He nods.

"Though the color violet is more common inside, my father had it made in this particular shade of red." He boasts. "Woah, it's like, perfectly blood-colored." Ajax observes. "Ox-blood red, to be precise." He corrects. "My favorite." He inhales the subtle scent of lavender appreciatively.

"Why do you sleep in a coffin though?" I ask, confused yet amused. "I refuse to answer that on grounds that I simply don't want to." His tone becomes colder, and he shuts the coffin down, covering it with the quilt I was laying on earlier.

"Wow, the environment here certainly got a lot more hostile." Ajax mumbles.

"And colder... Literally." He adds, shivering a little, looking for a jacket. "Uh, I'm gonna go now. Thanks for the help, Medusa." I thank my friend, who just chuckles as the nickname I gave him after the first time he stoned me.

"You still have the last two paragraphs to learn!" He reminds. "Later-" I just exit the chilled room, realizing that it indeed got a lot colder there the moment Blake entered. Weird... And awkward too, not gonna lie. Ever since dinner last night, I hadn't really seen him around.

And I kinda slept in too today, so I missed fencing in the morning. Apart from that, we don't really have that many classes together. Just Fencing, Botany, and maybe even the same club incase he decides to sign up for Archery.

Wait, is that why he was so dry today? Because I ditched him in the morning? Nah, that could certainly not be it. He doesn't seem like the sorts to care, let alone notice. I'm overthinking again. Let's just go find Enid. Someone who ACTUALLY matters.

It wasn't long since I left the room, when I found my friend.

Caught her staring out, at the moon, from an open window in the hallway. "It's still not happening, is it?" She asks me, sensing my presence without really turning back. "I'm not wolfing out tonight, am I?" She turns back, her voice shaky.

I just give her a sad smile, and shake me head 'no'.