Chapter 1

Skeppy POV

I groan, waking up to the bright sunlight hitting my face. Darryl is still sleeping soundly beside me, arms wrapped protectively around my waist.

I smile at the sight of my boyfriend, his fluffy hair perfectly poised and spread on the pillows around him.

Checking my phone, I laugh at the fact that it's already noon. Guess streaming until the wee hours of the morning wasn't the best idea.

I try to pry Darryl's arms off of me, shaking him awake. "Baby, we slept late again, we gotta wake up."

He stretches, blinking tiredly as he looks around the room, tired eyes smiling once they land on me. "Morning, Zak."

"C'mon, we have to get up or else our sleep schedules will be fucked." I giggle, pulling my boyfriend out of our bed.

"Language!" Darryl jumps up, lightly smacking my arm on his way to the door.

Giggling, I follow after him, tackling him to the ground in the hallway. "You can't escape me!"

Laughing along with me, Darryl pulls himself back up to a sitting position and tugs me into his arms.

We sit like that for a few seconds, catching our breath, before Darryl stands up, still holding me.

"You're gonna drop me!" I whine, gripping his shirt for dear life.

"Maybe," he smirks, spinning me in circles.

It takes almost ten minutes for us to finally make it to the kitchen, bantering the whole way there.

I flop onto the couch while Darryl looks through the cabinets for ingredients to make who knows what.

A pair of arms wrap around my shoulders, and I feel a kiss pressed into my hair. "Do you know where the sugar is?"

I turn around to face him, "You finished it last time you made muffins. Remember?"

"Oh. I guess I'll go buy some real quick. Is there anything else we need?" Darryl's already putting his shoes on.

I guide him to the couch, lightly kissing his forehead. "Yes there is more stuff we need, no you will not be getting it."

"But- muffins..." He sulks.

Giggling, I wrap the boy in a hug. "I'll go, okay? You're tired and do way too much for us. I can help out a bit."

"Aww, can I come with you?" He begs.

"No." I smile, heading for the front door.

Darryl follows me, moping. "I miss you already."

"It'll be an hour tops, love."

"That's so long," He tugs the collar of my shirt, pulling me towards him.

"Maybe," he suggests, kissing me. "You could just stay here."

I pull away before he can convince me to change my mind.

"Tempting." I smirk, "But still no."

I open the front door and plant a quick kiss on my boyfriend's cheek. "I love you, bye."

Quickly losing the door, I make my way down the path and to my car.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

I've been shopping for a few hours now, taking a lot longer than expected.

As I'm heading to check out, I get a call from Darryl's mother.

Knowing she doesn't talk to me often, it must be important, so I pick up the phone.