Chapter 22

Badboyhalo POV

I have to admit, never in a million years would I have thought Skeppy would confess that he feels the same way as me.

I was always content to stay just friends, even if he makes me question my entire being, but now that I know the truth, it seems impossible that I lived without this.

Getting off the lake not long after Skeppy's confession, we busy ourselves walking back to the treehouse, taking slow steps and stopping every little bit to admire the area.

Not remembering Earth from when I was alive makes the whole place only more mesmerizing. Flowers and trees dotting the area, things like butterflies that make me wonder if I'm in a fairy tale.

Skeppy is skipping down the path beside me, a huge smile on his face. As we walk, he hums a light cheery tune that I don't recognize.

Squeezing my angel's hand a little tighter, I say, "Skeppy, we've already missed work for a day, we need to go home soon."

He seems unfazed. "Do we really have to go back? It's so lovely here, especially with you."

"Yes, we do have to, you muffinhead. We have jobs and roles in the community that we're expected to do. We aren't even supposed to be here in the first place!"

"If I recall, you took us here." He giggles.

With a groan, I lightly shove him. "Yeah, but u thought we'd only stay the night and go back."

Skeppy frowns, but I can tell he's not upset, just thinking. We stop walking for a moment, and I wait patiently for him to come up with a response.

Once I finally get one, it's not what I expected.

"I was thinking...what if we didn't go back? Like, not joking, what if we just stayed on Earth forever?"

"What are you saying?"

"C'mon Bad, it's better down here. No one to keep us apart, no stupid jobs to do, no one who hates us for something we can't control, we'd finally be free!"

I don't know what to say to that. "Skeppy, I-"

He grabs my face, looks into my eyes. "We'd be free to be together, to be in love. Isn't that what you want?"

And the offer sounds appealing, it makes me want to drop everything right here and now, but even with Skeppy looking stupidly cute and excited.

"I- I'll have to think about it, that's a big decision to make."

He looks disappointed, but understands. "Ok, just let me know."

We move in mostly silence for the rest of the distance, but I'm comforted by the light chirping of crickets and the crunch of leaves beneath our feet.

It's a bit difficult finding the treehouse from our current location, rather than coming from the park, but we manage.

At this point, if I'm going to go back to the Nether, I need to do it now. It's getting really late, and I can barely stay awake.

Skeppy knows this too, but I can tell he doesn't want to pressure an answer out of me. "Bad? Have you made a decision? Either way, I'll go with you, so don't worry about leaving me behind."

My heart swells at his words, of course he wouldn't leave me, not after the events of today.

Pausing just before climbing up the ladder, Skeppy looks at me expectantly. "So, Bad, what do you say? Run away with me?"

And at this point, I'm sure of my decision. "Of course. I'd follow you to the end of the world."

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇