Chapter 3

Skeppy POV

I drag myself out of bed, having no motivation to do anything.

It's been only a week since Darryl passed, but it feels like years.

My friends said they'd come over today, which I suppose is meant to comfort me, but I don't want comfort.

The feeling of emptiness inside of me is growing by the minute, I feel drained and depressed. Broken without my other half.

Not bothering to shower or eat breakfast, I stumble down the stairs.

I sit on the couch, phone in my hand. Though I know it'll only make my grief worse, I pull up my YouTube channel, selecting my most recent video.

It's a simple bedwars video, but Darryl's there with me. Hearing his lighthearted giggles and flirts almost brings a smile to my face, but then I remember he's gone.

I'll never hear that sweet laugh again, see his mesmerizing eyes, feel his lips against mine.

Letting myself fall to a lying position, I curl into a tight ball, unable to stop the tears from flowing.

The video is still playing, our friendly banter settling in my ears.

After at least an hour of allowing my phone to go on autoplay, I hear a knock on my door.

I don't bother to answer it, but that doesn't stop the group of people stepping into my house two minutes later.

"Zak? Are you home?" I recognize Geo's voice.

The floor creaks, and I see Rose standing in front of me. "Found him."

The rest of my friends file into the living room, shaking their heads at my sorry state.

I must look pathetic, wrapped in my dead boyfriend's hoodie, listening to his voice while I cry my eyes out. It's pretty obvious I haven't eaten in a while, and I haven't changed my clothes since the incident.

My eyes have dark bags under them from lack of sleep, as well as a rim of red from crying so much.

Arran picks up my phone, pausing the video that had been playing. He then sits down next to me, sympathy in his eyes.

"Zak, this isn't healthy. Darryl wouldn't want to see you like this."

"Then I guess it's a good thing he won't." I reply, feeling my eyes well with tears.

I bury my head into Arran's shoulder, letting my tears soak his t-shirt. He pulls me into a hug, gently rubbing my back.

Harvey sits down on the floor in front of me. "When was the last time you ate? And showered? You need to take care of yourself."

I just shake my head, not trusting myself to speak.

"Zak." Jacob warns. "We know you're going through a hard time, but this isn't healthy. Mega, help me get him some food."

I pull away from Arran's hold, letting out a sigh as my head hits the couch.

"I can't do this anymore."

Whipping his head to look at me, Rose frowns, "I know it's hard right now, but it'll get better. You have to stay strong."

"What's the point? He was the best thing that ever happened to me, my happiest moments. Now, there's nothing. I have nothing to live for." I speak with absolutely no emotion in my voice.

"No, don't say that." I can see that Harvey is close to tears. "What about us? Your dogs, parents, fans?"

"I guess." I shrug.