Chapter 30

Badboyhalo POV

When Philza first told me I could no longer work the border, I was devastated and confused. He obviously knew about Skeppy and I, but we hadn't exactly kept it a secret, so what changed? 

The realization that I would never see Skeppy again was fresh on my mind for hours, the time I spent just standing in front of my house, clawed fingers hovering just over the door knob. 

So when Philza called me almost as soon as I left, you can say I was just a little confused. There was a hope in the back of my mind that he had changed his mind, but deep down I knew there was no way that was the case. 

Turns out, it was better. 

Philza seems annoyed the moment I approached him, glaring down at me like I was the devil himself. When we met only a few hours before, he was friendly and smiling, so I didn't know what I'd done in those few moments to make him this mad, but turns out, it wasn't me. 

"Congratulations, Badboyhalo, looks like you finally get to be with Zak without having to hide it." Philza sneers, all his happiness for me obviously faked. "Not that you did hide it."

"I'm sorry?" 

"Whatever Zak has been doing with XD isn't my business, but he's convinced the High Angel to give you up to heaven. You're an angel now." 

So I spend the day packing my things and saying goodbye to everyone. Even Quackity.

"I just wanted to let you know that I'm leaving, and I won't be coming back. Plaza agreed to let me become an angel. We aren't friends by any means, but I thought you should know."

He looks at me with a face of disappointment. "So this is it? We're over because of something I did to try to help you? What about your 'boyfriend'? Or was I right that he's just a rebound?"

I have to take a deep breath to keep myself from immediately lashing out. "What you did was a lot worse than just trying to help me, look at my wings, and you saw the bruises I had before Skeppy healed them."

"It isn't my fault."

"Then whose is it? Oh and by the way, the 'new boyfriend' you saw was Skeppy."

"No wonder he was such a bitch." Quackity murmurs, but I'm already walking away.

Once I reach the bottom of his porch, he's still watching me, door wide open. Turning back ever so slightly, I wipe my eyes. "Enjoy your eternity, Quackity." And I'm gone before he can retort a response.

When I first arrived in heaven, the sheer beauty of it all blew me away, even in the brief moments I had before XD dragged me inside an ornate palace.

We talked for a bit before he offered to let me see Skeppy, and the rest is history.

◇◇◇◇◇

Skeppy decides to excitedly show me around his home the moment I arrive, not only giving me a tour of his house, but of his street, the nearby shops, the path to the flower field he always goes to.

The entire time, he's giddy with happiness, smiling and bouncing around, hand clutched tightly in mine.

Everything leaves me mesmerized, I'm awe at the glittering landscapes and colors I didn't know existed. Skeppy says this is how the Nether was for him, but there's no way he saw that much beauty in my old home.

The excitement and joy of finally being together is short lived, though.

Once we wake up the next morning, after our first official night of not hiding, there's a message waiting for us.