Chapter 14

Badboyhalo POV

Quackity is not happy when I get home.

After hanging up on him, I thought he'd just go back to his house and call me back later, but no. The moment I step into my house, I'm greeted by him sitting on the couch and glaring up at me.

"Quackity?" I'm tired and confused.

"What the fuck, man? You didn't even tell me you were going somewhere." He glares at me.

"I- I'm sorry." I sit down on the couch beside him. "I didn't even know about it until right after work, I had no time to tell you."

Quackity moves away from me. "How would you not...wait a second, you weren't out with that angel, were you?"

"No." I say a little too quickly to be convincing. "Of course not."

Jumping up, Quackity shouts, "Yes you were, I knew it! What the hell, man, I told you to stop talking to that asshole."

"Language, Quackity. Can you please not yell at me right now? I'm tired and I want to go to bed."

"Yeah, yeah, we need to talk about this first, what in the universe is wrong with you?"

"Nothing's wrong with me, I've been getting to know him better, and maybe he's not that bad..."

Quackity laughs, not like something's funny,  but more in a mocking way. "Bullshit, dude! Those stupid angels know exactly how to manipulate our emotions, and I tried to tell you,  but it seems like you're just too dumb to understand!"

"He's not like how you see angels, why can't you understand that?"

He scoffs. "Just don't talk to the bitch, it's not good to get attached to an angel."

My eyes are welling with tears. "You don't get to choose who I talk to, okay? I can have friends who aren't you, and I don't have to tell you where I am all the time! You're being stupid for stereotyping angels, especially because this one is amazing, he's a heck of a lot better than you, that's for sure! Maybe you should just leave, and don't come back! I never want to see you ever again!"

My hands slam over my mouth as I realize what I said, but it's already too late.

Looking at the ground, Quackity makes for the door. Just before stepping outside, he turns back to me, looking utterly broken. "I was just trying to help, okay? So that you don't make the same mistakes I did."

Not a second later, he's gone.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Ever since Skeppy started staying on call with me until I was asleep, texting me into the late hours of the night, I haven't had any trouble falling asleep.

That all changes tonight, of course.

My fight with Quackity rings through my head, reminding me over and over again of what I said.

Skeppy calls me over and over again, but I can't talk right now, can't let him see this side of me. I decline every call, and respond to his messages with a simple, 'I'm fine, just tired! :3' hoping he won't ask any more questions and just leave me alone.

After what feels like hours of staring at the ceiling, I try to force my eyes shut, begging myself for some sleep.

Since I've started calling Skeppy before sleep, my nightmares have stopped, which is good. However, they've been replaced with something else.

Every time I fall asleep, it almost feels like I'm reliving memories. Memories that I don't recall having.

There's always me, and I can tell it's me only because it's exactly how I look when disguising myself, like I did with Skeppy today. But there's someone else too.